QUESTION: Let's say you make a cold call and have only 10 seconds...

Discussion in 'Traditional Offline Marketing' started by wmbrad84, Aug 28, 2012.

1. wmbrad84

wmbrad84
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Let's say you're selling a piece of software, you make a cold call and you have 10 seconds (so just a few lines) to say/pitch something that will make the people on the other end open to what you're saying (as opposed to just hanging up), what do you say?

2. cjarrodsnow

cjarrodsnow
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Depends on the product...

I'd say something along the lines of "do you like to save money" ... who doesn't like to save money?

I guess more importantly, you need to appeal to their self interest (we live in a narcissistic society... and people are pretty savvy to cold calls these days-).

Hi Sir/Ma'am,

My name is x and (if possible let them know a friend referred you to them!) I represent x company. We sell x product/service, and would like to extend to you an opportunity to save $x just for trying our product/service. Do you currently use this product/service? Do you like saving money? (say it with humor in your voice... who doesn't) Is now a good time to talk? Ask them questions, get them engaged and thinking and try to appeal to their "senses"... gotta have humor too, you'll grab a few would be "no's" just based on being upbeat. If you call with a monotone voice (and it will happen as you'll get sick of no's at one point or another, and get discouraged), they already don't like your tone, so they are going to say NO.

Hope this helps.

3. wmbrad84

wmbrad84
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Wouldn't starting it off with something like "Do you like to save money?" sound like a pitch though?