Question for Website Owners about their own website:

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by jsingerston, Feb 24, 2011.

1. jsingerston

jsingerston
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Think about your own website for a minute. What do you think needs to be done specifically for you to get more traffic to that website?

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I sometimes think that this website could benefit from a design improvement (especially in the header area), to make it more attractive, appealing and professional looking and hence encourage more repeat visits.

3. jsingerston

jsingerston
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for the response Fergal.

I really like your logo. I have never been a big fan of the overall vBulletin layout on any forums I have come across. I wish that comments on threads were shown three across instead of just scrolling down like they do on here. Three across with preset box sizes would be ideal in my opinion. The preset size boxes could allow you to scroll down from inside of it in case someone responds with a long comment. A person's avatar and personal information would show up at the top of each comment.

4. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

So far, I'm satisfied with the traffic my site (first link on my sig) is getting.
    But I think it needs a little design over haul. I'm think of using a new 3-column layout with the content on the left side of the site. And have navigation, links and ads on the right side. Been using this layout for nearly 2 years now.

You know, I can't just easily change the layout. It's the best design that I have seen that works perfectly on my niche. It's kinda hard to let go. ^_^a

5. CBI Web

CBI Web
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    BAF Tech Admin
    Premium Member

My CBI Web site definitely needs an overhaul. It was perfect for 2003 when I last redesigned it; tableless, CSS driven with PHP templates, passes usability tests, and compliant with accessibility laws. But it designed in the pre-Web 2.0 days, so I want to bring it up to at least that, but preferably a Web 3.0 look & feel. The problem is time. I'm working so much on other people's sites that I don't have time to do my own, LOL. Don't know if that's good or bad.

6. Matt

Matt
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I was thinking maybe a little clean up for my site and add some more content. In my opinion I think it is a little messy.

7. MervinViernes

MervinViernes
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For me, I should start getting back to article marketing. I used to write at least 3 to 4 articles a week and now I'm down to only writing just one article a week. I found a great amount of traffic to my website just by articles only. And plus it brings nice back links to my websites for great SEO :)

8. jsingerston

jsingerston
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Mervin, Do you have any idea what kind of CTR % you are getting from your article resource links back to your website?

9. Ferraro

Ferraro
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There might be many ways to bring traffic to your website, Unique idea gives real boom to your website i experienced that on my first website in 2002 and now writing articles and social bookmarking might increase traffic and give you good exposure.