Question concerning ad delivery services

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by fletcher6490, Dec 9, 2011.

1. fletcher6490

fletcher6490
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Ok, so I'm assuming most of you use google adsense for publishing ads on your sites or blogs...Correct? Here's what I'm wondering, if there was an ad service company that offered 50% payout to the website owner, as well as 5% commissions for anyone that you were to refer to also use this company...Would it be something you would consider using for your sites? The reason I ask is because I've been part of a company for about a year and the main premise of this company is owning keywords and giving to charities and causes (they are a tithing company). In short, the reason for owning these keywords is so that when advertisers target our specific keywords that we own we get a commission for any clicks. Now I am part of a leadership group within this company and the CEO informed us of the direction the company is going to go full steam ahead in and plans on having a finished product in the next 30 - 90 days. We also landed a big time investor which means millions for development, which was very exciting news for us. Anyway, the direction they are heading in now is to get ad delivery widgets up and running so that the current member base can start earning from their tags they own and to also become a real player to compete with the likes of google and other well known ad services. I know a lot of people are fed up with adsense, due to low payouts and lots of banned accounts so this company feels like now is a great time to get a piece of the market. Anyway, what I am wondering is once we go into our beta phase are there any of you that would be interested in trying out this company? I figure it can't hurt and I know a lot of you would love the big 50% payout as well as the referral commissions so I figured I would ask. I don't have exact numbers yet as they are not set in stone but I will update as things start rolling out.

In short, here are the current figures that the company is looking to use
    1. 50% to publisher of ad
    2. 20% to Tag owner that is targeted
    3. 5% to referrer of publisher

2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

As far as I'm concerned, these "ad delivery services" are taking advantage of people's desire to make money in order to make money for themselves. No one "owns" the keywords that people search on Google, so the only concern for Google is to deliver ads from websites that will best provide what the searcher is looking for.
    For the "ad delivery services", in order for the members to make money, someone has to click on the ad, which mean the site containing the ad must have sufficient traffic to make the placement of ad financially feasible. The vast majority of searchers still use Google to find what they are looking for, and, unless and until that changes, none of the members of these "ad delivery services" will make money.

3. fletcher6490

fletcher6490
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey Joe, how have you been? It's been a while since I've been on here bothering everyone lol.

So yes, getting advertisers will take time. That is something everyone is well aware of. The company has also been developing a search engine as well as a social networking site so these things will all tie together. This is a huge project and nobody expects it to be fully functional anytime soon but as things slowly roll out, the members will start seeing their hard work pay off with the whole "keyword ownership" idea. I really don't think it's that far out to assume a lot of people would use these widgets on their site and let others know about them. The question is how long it will take for major advertisers to jump on board and no one really knows that answer. I understand the concerns, but can you honestly tell me that this whole idea is not a good one if done properly?

4. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Although people may use the "widgets" on their site, that still doesn't solve the traffic problem. If the websites containing the widgets do not get sufficient traffic, the searches using the keywords owned by the members will not happen, so the members will not make money. As far as developing a search engine is concerned, why do you think Yahoo searches are now powered by Bing - because Yahoo could not compete with Google on their own. Ask.com also comes to mind, and there are others who do not get the level of traffic that Google gets. In fact, Other than Google, Yahoo, and Bing, the rest of the search engines share only 10% of the available traffic! Given that, how long do you think it will take, and how much will the members pay, before the project becomes "fully functional" - and are you, and the other members, willing to keep paying for that long?

5. fletcher6490

fletcher6490
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Alright Joe, we got the exciting news that Tagvillage has partnered up with a major ad network so that should eliminate a lot of the concerns as far as not having advertisers. I understand your pessimism but just take a look please http://www.tagvillage.com/publishers/?refid=fletcher6490

6. DaveB

DaveB
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Fletch,

This project sounds interesting and I for on would love to be a publisher in the type of ad network you describe. While not as pessimistic/realistic as joe I do think it will be a long uphill battle. If you do have an investor willing to throw millions at the project then I think almost anything is possible when executed right. Why not focus your widgets to be able to be interactive in the social media websites. That might be a cool niche to try and expand into. Keep us posted on the progress your project sounds super interesting. Where is your company based out of?

7. fletcher6490

fletcher6490
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey Dave, I appreciate the response. The company is based out of Texas and is run by a man named David Reubush. He is a very personable man and he stays in contact with the members almost daily. He has a lot of great ideas one of their long term projects is to build a unique social networking site as well as a search engine where all of these ideas will integrate into one seamless portal. The main reason for focusing on implementing the ad networks first is because he feels it's time for the members that have put so much time and effort into helping this company start to earn from the tags that they own. David is a very charitable man and he incorporated that into this company by making it a "tithing" company, which means that 10% of all revenue goes to charity and causes are close to the members hearts. We all understood that this was a big project when we signed up but the ideas are just too great to pass up and we were all willing to accept the fact that things will take time. Now we are at the point though where we will start seeing money come in and it's quite exciting. You should take a look at the link I provided and look around the site. If you like what you see, join and sign up to be a tester. There is nothing to lose. Thank you :)

8. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I took a look at the site, and it seems to me that these ads are going to get in the way when visitors browse a website. Instead of having a op-up, which can be blocked, or a banner, which can be placed at the top or bottom of a site, the "in-text" ads can popup (no pun intended) anywhere a keyword is located in the content of the site. The Image and Video Overlay ads will also get in the way - when I watch a video, I want to see a video, not an ad!
    Sorry, but I'm still not convinced this is a good idea.