Question about trademark rights

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by thedreamer, Dec 14, 2014.

1. thedreamer

thedreamer
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Is it okay to use another brand's product in my food product? For example, if I use Rice Krispies cereal in my food product, is that legal? Then on the ingredients list for my product, does that mean I'd put: Rice Krispies cereal (*list ingredients here)

I'm afraid I'm not very educated in that area. Any help you can offer is appreciated!

2. francisstevens

francisstevens
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Don't afraid if your mark is registered. Registering your mark gives you access to federal courts in the United States, which is the appropriate venue to bring an infringement action. So, just for the respect of Trademark law it can be accessible and use able. The ingredient name you are using it can be anywhere like in any food area. So, you don't need to worry about it. If you want more information regarding this you can click here.

3. MahaKarthi

MahaKarthi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Are you talking about trademarks in general or specific to any country? The rules are different and the legal formalities to get trademark for any company depends on the policies followed by the country in this regard.