question about suits

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by shuggans, Oct 19, 2009.

1. shuggans

shuggans
    uix_expand uix_collapse

First of all, hello everybody, my name is Sean. I am currently a college student going through an IT program for network administration. I am currently a member of PBL, and I was wondering if anyone could tell me if this suit is unprofessional, as I am inexperienced at this type of thing.
    - http://www.mensusa.com/products.aspx?id=358
    It's the first picture that says star:homme in it in the top left. Thank you

2. Chrisj0401

Chrisj0401
    uix_expand uix_collapse

depends on the job, but in general business world that suit you've linked looks professional.

3. seanstevens

seanstevens
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It comes down to a matter of personal taste. Most black, grey or brown) suits are good for office work or the like.

Remember with a suit you get what you pay for.

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

It looks smart and professional to me. Are you planning on buying online?

5. shuggans

shuggans
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm planning on buying that one and just wanted to know if it was professional to wear a pinstriped suit or not. I'm 5' 8" and I had read that a pinstripe suit would make me look taller and distinguished. And yes, I am planning on buying online, bad thing? Also, It's only going to be used for a few PBL functions here and there, So I dont want to go spend $400 on a suit as you could DEFINITELY say I'm on a college budget haha.

#5 shuggans, Oct 19, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2009
  6. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

You will probably get a better deal by purchasing online. The disadvantage is that you wont get to try it on before you make the purchase.

7. Chrisj0401

Chrisj0401
    uix_expand uix_collapse

well I've seen one service on the news that lets you try it on, and if it dont fit you can return it free of charge (I think) and get the right size. Sad thing I dont remember the name of the company.

8. Justin McBride

Justin McBride
    uix_expand uix_collapse

A suit will help you make a good impression no matter the price.

9. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Stick with solid colors I'd say. What matters more than anything is the fit and the material. You'd be better checking out well known clothing retailers online and looking for their clearance section. That way you get quality at a fraction of the original retail price.

For example JC Penney has a tuxedo coat reduced from $180 to $29.99, with matching pants reduced from $80-$100 down to $19.99. Not that you need a tux LOL, but that's just a good example of what's out there.

I'd suggest you bookmark this JC Penney clearance section for men's suits for example, and check back often. Clearance ranges change all the time. Think of all the other stores on your high street and go looking. The clearance will come under something like Specials, Outlets, Deals, etc. as well as plain ole clearance.

Right now JC Penney also has free shipping on orders over $49 but that ends today. Always watch for that option. It will most likely come back. Most big retailers are offering it now in anticipation of holiday sales.

Hope that helps! And I'm in no way affiliated with JC, they just served as a good example. :)

10. kitty

kitty
    uix_expand uix_collapse

No,this suit is not unprofessional. I like it.

Thanks

11. fugems

fugems
    uix_expand uix_collapse

:D
    :D you think .?
    we are doing business online ,export .if the items didn't fit for thr customers ,they will turn back ,and then we sent the right size to them .we sharethe shipping fees .
    you maybe half right .

12. johndale

johndale
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Oh cool. What's the name of that company so that I can refer that to my relatives.