Question about new business

Discussion in 'Starting a Business' started by Leslie, Aug 23, 2011.

1. Leslie

Leslie
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello everyone!
    I am new here. My name is Leslie. Soon I`ll start my first business and I want to ask couple of questions.
    I`ll make websites where I`ll reselling products from this Chinese shop http://www.chinabuye.com/ in USA.
    Is there anyone with experience with this kind of business? What should i know before to start?
    Thank you all in advance!

2. Preemo

Preemo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

So you'll create different online stores basically? If that's the case, then get prepared for a lot of complains - I've been there, done that. You'll find practically all of those Chinese wholesalers sell crap quality stuff, hence why it looks so easy to make a profit when it isn't.

You'll need to get some Terms and Conditions written up, and you'll need to get a good website designed - as a poor looking website may reflect on your products.

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Leslie I would suggest that first thing you need to focus on is writing a profile of who your target customers are - what country or state do they live in, what is their age group, income bracket, family status, what newspapers or magazines do they read, what are their hobbies, etc, etc? Then spend some time thinking about how they will benefit from purchasing from your website, e.g. are lower prices the main benefit they receive or is it something else?

Good luck with it!