Question about local Pepsi bottling plant....

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by GinaSanders, Jun 23, 2015.

1. GinaSanders

GinaSanders
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Was told that this it was a "privately owned" company. If that's the case, how are they bottling / selling pepsi products? Wouldn't this at least be a franchisee type of situation? They also bottle and sell local spring water.

edit: found out!

#1 GinaSanders, Jun 23, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2015
  2. Business Attorney

Business Attorney
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

It is pretty common that local bottlers, under a license agreement with national brands, bottle and distribute soft drinks in a particular area. That is pretty much the way that all soft drink companies have achieved national distribution.

3. missbishi

missbishi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My favourite beer claims to be Belgian but closer inspection reveals it was brewed about 50 miles down the road from me in England!

Manufacturing a global brand at one single location presents a logistical nightmare. It makes better business sense for a company to sell licences for thier products in this way. It increases global awarenesss of the product and saves a great deal of time and cash in the process.

4. david14beck

david14beck
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Contact through their official website regarding this issue but i don't think there is any franchise or something for bottling plants.