Question about brand.

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by Alexishost, Jun 10, 2010.

1. Alexishost

Alexishost
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In your oppinion what is brand?

and what make it so successful?

Why certain customer so loyal to certain brand and not to other brand?

2. tomhank

tomhank
    uix_expand uix_collapse

hi

when you talk about brand so worlds most famous brand is Google ans why it is famous because they give us a very useful product and maintain their standard as well a product which usable for whole world not for a single community or for single country.

#2 tomhank, Jun 10, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2010
  3. realitybites.in

realitybites.in
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Brand is a thing in which i trust
    quality and publicity
    The reason customers so loyal certain brad ..the amount of trust they have on it
    and sticking to it

4. firstchoicecar

firstchoicecar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In my own opinion whenever i heard the word brand first thing comes in my mind is high price but good quality. That is why i always buy the branded items because they are useable for long period of time on that way i can save more money.

5. Shahrier

Shahrier
    uix_expand uix_collapse

..A brand is like a company. It might provide services or maybe other stuff. Example: Denim. That's a brand for Jeans.

What makes a good brand? A good brand is a brand that has quality services/products and maybe is inexpensive. Example: Adidas. A shoe product.

6. Tecknowoman

Tecknowoman
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you're interesting in branding and effective branding strategies take a look at Virgin and have a read of some of the Richard Branson books in which he talks about it.

7. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Brands are things that could make your company famous and gain more profits, especially if your product excel from the other products available in the market.
    There are people who clearly remembers a certain product because of their brands. For example, instead of softdrinks, people can easily remember or use the brands Coke (or Pepsi) when looking for this kind of product.

8. JOEY BONNER

JOEY BONNER
    uix_expand uix_collapse

A brand can take many types, it can be a name, symbol, mixture of color and design, and is sometimes tagged with a slogan. Trademark is the term used for a legally patented brand.

The way to make it successful is through the product it stands for. Availability, Affordability, Acceptability.

This is the main objective of a brand and that is to imprint the product to your customers' mind.

9. scifi

scifi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Brand is nothing ordinary piece but a thing which makes customer lure about its special features and in the process forms an association in some way or other with it making it part of his/her life....
    The physical and psychological association of the customer with the brand is the only thing that makes it so successful which obviously derives from superior or distinctive quality, features, and attributes of the product.....
    Customers are loyal to one brand and not to other not because they are highly loyal to a particular brand but because they feared the transition phase of switching from one brand to other as it will be something out of their comfort zone....:)

10. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley
    uix_expand uix_collapse

nice work :p
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brand

Your brand is the icon, symbol, logo or company name that sets you apart from everyone else. The one thing that when someone looks at it, they know who built, designed or produced your blue widgets.
    Here is a post I put out recently on what I do to build my personal brand.

11. scifi

scifi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello Brandon!

Well if you mix hydrogen and oxygen in 2:1 ratio, what do you expect to get ..obviously WATER...same is with this case...Being a marketing professional, I have my own understanding of brands and though the definition can be different but essence is always same....Same is with Wikipedia and my way of defining Brands...

Second thing is that I have a different view from both your and wikipedia definition of labeling Brand as icon, symbol, logo or company name , these are merely features of brand and Brand is much more than that......
    It is just like a baby for a company which is just born and has to be nurtured with utmost care so it can create a distinctive personality for itself with special features and attributes. It also has a life cycle just like we have in Human World....Brand is not made in one day, they has to be given birth and nurtured with full care to evolve as something we termed "BRAND"...:)

12. jacoby161

jacoby161
    uix_expand uix_collapse

A brand can take many forms, including a name, sign, symbol, color combination or slogan.

he following drives the increasing interest in taking brands global:
    * Economies of scale (production and distribution)
    * Lower marketing costs
    * Laying the groundwork for future extensions worldwide
    * Maintaining consistent brand imagery
    * Quicker identification and integration of innovations (discovered worldwide)
    * Preempting international competitors from entering domestic markets or locking you out of other geographic markets
    * Increasing international media reach (especially with the explosion of the Internet) is an enabler
    * Increases in international business and tourism are also enablers