Question about blogging

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by JBMedia, Jul 12, 2011.

1. JBMedia

JBMedia
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Even though I have blogged in the past, I never really used tags before. So, I have a few questions regarding towards them. Here they are:

1. Is there a difference between post/title tags? If so, what is it?

2. Are tags a "must use" feature when it comes to blogging?

3. Do tags help with SEO/SERPs or are they just for a better user/blogging experience?

4. Is it good to put in as many tags as you can think of relating to the said "Title" or "Post"?

Thanks for any help with these questions. I really do appreciate it.

2. Bliss Elliosn

Bliss Elliosn
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Are you looking for the difference between title tags and post tags? My apologies if I misunderstood the things.
    No there are just post tags that are provided in a separate text box.
    2. Yes, if you want your blog pages to be ranked better in the search results, if you want to have more visitors to your blog then it's a must-use feature.
    Yes tags definitely help you in SEO and SERPs particularly, because your blog or a particular post are ranked in the SERPs on the basis of tags you have provided. User experience has nothing to do with tags.
    Yes, include the tags that are most relevant to your post content and business. Although Google guidelines are silent about the number of possible keywords. So, just stay relevant concerning the keywords that you can easily manage.

I hope I have helped you.

• Like Like x 3
    #2 Bliss Elliosn, Jul 12, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2011
  3. JBMedia

JBMedia
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thank you Bliss, you sure have. :)

4. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Don't put too many. Use tags that you can also use on your other posts. So, if the visitors click on a certain tag, they will be lead on a post that includes that tag.

5. JPM

JPM
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Very useful information, thanks for that post, I was about to post a new thread asking some similar questions. Thank you.