Query : How to turn a forum info part of a website ?

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by simplyjo, Sep 23, 2013.

1. simplyjo

simplyjo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi All, I have a forum and I want to turn the domain into a website (with the main forum just a part / category page) on the site. Is it possible ? or I will have to scrap off the entire forum to create a new site from scratch ?

2. Rocky

Rocky
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You could move the forum database to a subdomain like forum.yourdomain.com and use the main domain as a website. But this would involve some work.

3. simplyjo

simplyjo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Is there a tutorial I can follow for it ? Or pay someone on BAF (BAF cash) ?

4. simplyjo

simplyjo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Also, my forum has been dead for long, is it worth the effort or should I just scrap it off?

5. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

What forum software is the forum running on simplyjo?

That really is up to you. If you want to make the effort to grow it, then go for it. However, forums do take a lot of work, if you are not committed to it there probably isn't any point in continuing with the project.

6. simplyjo

simplyjo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Its phpBB.

Yeah I agree, they are a lot of work. I am guessing its best to scrap it off. It takes a lot of time and effort to keep it going. The domain has good PA/DA and backlinks, So, I am thinking an authority site would be a good idea.

7. Kimmy Yong

Kimmy Yong
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are many plugins available in the market to help you create forums within your website. Perhaps you should do some researches on that.

8. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Because the forum has already created, a plugin may not help. On the other hand, if she wishes to scrap the old forum (Since it has been dead or awhile), and start a new one on a new website, tat may help.

With all due respect to our fearless leader, I honestly don't think you will get a professional job if you pay someone in BAF Cash. However, to use the current URL for a website, you would have to remove the old forum, and create the new website from scratch. If it possible to save the old data from the old forum, It can then be reinstated on a new page or a subdomain of the new website. As Rocky said, this would be a lot of work, and you may have to hire someone to do it for you. If you do, however, you will have to pay them in actual cash, rather than any online based form of payment.