Quality or price?

Discussion in 'Starting a Business' started by healingforce, Jul 5, 2015.

1. VerdinaNET

VerdinaNET
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The balance between price and quality and the psychological decision making behind it has always been a challenge for marketers. If you want to balance price and quality, then you need to decide what type of customers you are going to target. At the same time, you need to consider the competition as well. Customers decide the value based on the competitors present in the market and what the competition is offering to the customer. Overall, each and every company out there is daily trying to improve their quality at an optimum price. Some have been able to do that and they are getting a higher pull from the market. Others have not been able to balance price and quality which has resulted in the brand being forgotten and a competition brand being adopted in their place.

2. Keity

Keity
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For me I never compromise on quality. Actually first I want to know the details which I want to buy and quality as well. Because I know quality is a must but not the price.

3. Brooke Harper

Brooke Harper
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As a consumer, I look for both when I'm purchasing. However, it also depends on the item that you are buying. I look for both when shopping for electronics and vehicles but when it comes to general merchandise, a little saving would be fine.

4. Kuznec

Kuznec
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If the business is new and there is not much money, it is better to buy supported equipment and computers. At the beginning of business, it is always important to pay less than quality.

5. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

What exactly do you mean by "supported equipment and computers"? Also, why would you recommend paying "less than quality"? Are you actually recommending that start-ups should waste their money on junk that is going to break down, so they have to pay even more money for repairs or replacement? Instead, it would be a better idea to get the best quality they can for the budget they have.

6. Kuznec

Kuznec
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Look, when I opened my store in my city, I needed:

-retail store equipment
    -computers
    -safe
    -furniture

The budget was limited. Instead of spending all the money to buy new things, I found other companies that sold all these things in connection with the closure or update. And I spent 4 times less than if I bought new things. And for the money I saved, I bought more goods to expand the assortment of the store.

7. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

If the used items are of good quality, and your budget is small, then doing as you did would be a good deal. However, I stand by my original statement. If you need to spend the money you saved on repairs, you would not have the money to "expand the assortment of (your) store". So price would be a consideration if the budget is small and the quality is good.

8. ParisJaris

ParisJaris
    uix_expand uix_collapse

if you are about to start - means that you don't have enough money to start with high quality expensive tools (unless if you have a very good sponsorship or enough capital). you can run a couple of years with medium or even low quality computers (unless they work and satisfy you). once you understand that your business is very ok and begins to bring you some tangible income, go ahead and buy everything you want (not like in the beginning, everything you need)

9. jfbees

jfbees
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Quality is always best to shoot for in the beginning. You may not have that much money, but quality always pays for itself time after time.

10. Suman Verma

Suman Verma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For me, quality for sure. This has happened to me many a timeswhen I've purchased things only because of low price and trust me I've regreted thereafer. I will suggest to focus on quality only.