Quality or price?

Discussion in 'Starting a Business' started by healingforce, Jul 5, 2015.

1. healingforce

healingforce
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you're about to start a new business and you need somehow some new computers, printers, network devices and stuff do you look first the quality or the price? For the quality beats the price in all cases. Infact if I just have to buy something only because its price is low and so the quality I don't even think about buying it.. it sounds just a waste of money to me. What about you?

2. missbishi

missbishi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'd shop around and attempt to strike the balance between price and quality. I'd attempt to get the best spec around for the lowest price possible. This would mean that I wouldn't be constricted by brands as such, I would be happy to buy a machine with a higher capability from a less well known brand than sticking to more familiar brands if it meant there was a decent saving to be made.

3. LGNPanda

LGNPanda
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Preferably, everyone wants a great bang for their buck. I would try and search around for the lowest possible price for my electronic and if I beat that, I'll up it up a bit. Quality is also important for electronics because who wants a faulty phone or computer.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. m0n2k

m0n2k
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If the quality of something is good and you can pay less, that's what you should go for. If you pay less for something and it's garbage then you've wasted your money. If you pay more for something and it's worth what you paid for, you got your moneys worth. But if you find something of great quality at a lower price then that's a deal, and it shouldn't be over looked. The idea is to get more fore less, not pay less for nothing.

5. Razor

Razor
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Generally, (also non-business related) I look for both quality and price. If it's ridiculously expensive and the quality is lacking for the price, I'm not going to buy it. But, of couse, if it's real cheap but the quality is superb, I'm going to definitely call dibs on it. You don't want to buy really cheap things that are terrible at functioning either. Both quality and price go hand-in-hand when you purchase goods.

6. bjdea2

bjdea2
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It depends on what you're buying. I would always try to get the best bang for my buck, but when its something important I would tend towards prioritising quality more. I would then go seeking the cheapest possible price for the higher quality item. For example, a server motherboard is very important and I only ever buy Supermicro boards, they have been rock solid every time so far. But when it comes to things like PC cases, server rack mounts, basic hardware parts like that, I go for cheapest.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Danielle Davidson

Danielle Davidson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That is the same thing that I'm thinking. When I know that there is something that I need, and it's going to cost a lot of money then I'll search around. There are always places out there where you can find something cheap, but that doesn't always mean that it will be good. That is why I will spend more money on something, I want to make sure that I'll be able to use it for awille. I mean it's also depending on what you want. I bought a cheap printer and honestly it works just fine for me. It's almost a year old now and it still works good.

8. Robert01

Robert01
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am gonna go for the price here. Cause when it comes to the computers, the lower prince does not necessarily means that your computer would not work at all and it's gonna rush to be a garbage. And for a new business you should try your best to spent money as less as possible.

9. pwarbi

pwarbi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'd also say that I'd be more tempted to go for the cost, rather than the quality. If it's a new business that your setting up, funds will usually be limited and so I'd concentrate on trying to do everything as cheap as I could.

If your business develops then you can concentrate on upgrading further down the line.

10. Khalid

Khalid
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Get the best quality you can afford taking into account other financial obligations. If you go cheap the equipment will likely not last and you will not only lose work time but you will need to buy a replace. That is why there is a saying "Buy cheap, buy twice".

When you buy something and the price is cheap, you better be prepared to buy it again because it's probably not going to last very long. It can actually be cheaper (over the lifetime) to buy the more expensive option because it will last longer and perform better.

11. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpoint
    uix_expand uix_collapse

When someone is serious about starting a business, quality must be the main factor influencing a buying decision.

However, there are times when a good business idea cannot be carry out with a generous budget to get the latest technology and top notch settings, and therefore is when price plays an important role in the final decision to get the business rolling.

And it's at this point when I would say that it's not about quality or pricing, but about available budget set, and short-term plans on the business development.

If you are on a tight budget but this is the right time for a startup business due to many other factors, then it's possible to get it going on with cheap technology and office settings. However this must not be a constant if you want to achieve success.

Starting with a cheap, average quality computer does not mean that you will not substitute this for a best quality equipment as soon as financial bonanza starts.

Quality is important indeed, but being realistic too, and investing in the best quality items for a business when the budget is low may give a business owner the latest technology at the cost of reducing significantly the cash flow, what may later translate into debt having to apply for a loan to get this aspect covered up.

12. Ana

Ana
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'll go for quality, if you'll going to buy cheap but with low quality product you will end up buying the same product over again til you realize that you didn't really save your money.

13. Corzhens

Corzhens
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Even not for business, buying equipment is a two-sided affair between cost and quality. Our office is a big company so they prefer quality and do not mind the cost. But for individuals like us, cost is the first consideration. When we planned to buy our home computer, there was the evaluation between a Mac and an IBM compatible pc. And since the cost of a Mac is 3 times that of a pc so it's logical to settle for a pc. Fortunately that pc is still working and serving us well.

14. kitchie

kitchie
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I will buy for 2nd hand to save since I am just starting my business and wait for my business to grow til I can afford to buy brand new.

15. hemnaram

hemnaram
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Both price and quality are related. we have to pay some reasonable price to buy any product. At the same time we have to be careful also because some will sell with over prices.

16. Apollyon

Apollyon
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Quality is always best to shoot for in the beginning. You may not have that much money, but quality always pays for itself time after time.

17. MooreHelen

MooreHelen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Quality is more important .. you are starting new business which should last for years .. the low quality will not last for long and you will end up paying more .. Quality always come first but in moderation

18. Mandhlenkhosi

Mandhlenkhosi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Like many people are saying, try to find a mix between quality and price. But, saying that, I'd generally lean towards a cheaper price, with decent quality. Funds will generally limited, so you have to spend wisely, but that doesn't mean everything you buy should be terrible quality.

19. Asher ross

Asher ross
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

I would say that best things come with a higher price tag; I would recommend quality over price as it will definitely give more benefits. But then if a person is constrained by budget then there may be no option but to compromise with quality and select price.

20. geeksremote24-7

geeksremote24-7
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There is strong relation between quality and price.You need to keep about both in mind while buying business products.For example if you buy a computer of low price but not of good quality then how it can help in your business work.So quality matters a lot.Before starting a new business proper budget plan should be their for everything you want for your business.

• Agree Agree x 1