Quality Backlinks Defficiancy!!!

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by William King, Jan 5, 2011.

1. William King

William King
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am noticing that now almost all the blogs are nofollow so blog commenting now can only help you to drive traffic but they will not play any role in seo of what now remains is i think Link Exchange through which you can make the quality back links on high PR pages but in this method you are dependent on the others weather they will do it or not and also if someone agreed to give your link they will ask to post their link also on a high PR page... So you can not rely much on the link exchange...

Please share some methods with me through which I can make Quality back-links and one thing which I think I need to mention is that I believe in white hat, spam free, organic SEO so help me in the light of this fact. Cheers :)

2. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Try social bookmarking or directory

3. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

4. William King

William King
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yeah I am nit against of making blog no follow it is a very good thing to discourage spam but through blog commenting one can make backlinks on medium PR pages easily which seems quite difficult now... is their any alternative way to make quality backlinks like we did in blog commenting

5. angell

angell
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Try social bookmarking or directory

6. telxcomputers

telxcomputers
    uix_expand uix_collapse

page rank does not transfer via no follow but link crawl, on quality backlink get from high traffic that updated regular basis that's why it crawl regular basis.

7. William King

William King
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Sorry I am not able to understand your point can you make it bit clear

8. businessmaster

businessmaster
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Banned

I think to get high quality link one should do social bookmark,blog promotion and link exchange.

9. junglekid

junglekid
    uix_expand uix_collapse

William King, I wouldn't be so much concerned about the no-follow attribute on blog links. Here's why: 1) when building backlinks it won't look natural to Google if you only have do-follow links; 2) other Search engines do consider these no-follow links; 3) according to several SEO experts, "a link is a link no matter if no-follow or do-follow, the more you have the better".

Joe Bradley ("10 Steps To Top Ranking In Google") states that all you really need is about 10 .edu backlinks and 20 backlinks from authority sites to outrank most of your competitors on almost any niche.

10. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Google says that they don't give greater authority to .edu links than to links from other TLDs, do you believe them?

11. freelancemom

freelancemom
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Your link portfolio needs to be organic. So don't worry so much about it. If a blog is good - and you have something to say... than who cares if it's a no_follow? You're networking with influencers in your niche. That's a good thing. From good comments come quality traffic, inbound links (from people who discover your site), and opportunities. Linking is networking.

That said, yes social bookmarking is smart. Guest blogging, article writing... especially unique articles that you offer to a decent website in your niche and don't distribute everywhere else. Press releases... Did anyone notice that those paper.li links are do follows? ;-)

12. junglekid

junglekid
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What I believe is that Google would never publicly confirm that they give greater authority to .edu links. But it's a fact that most .edu sites have higher PR so it's a more valuable backlink to any site.

13. DavidL

DavidL
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are over 200 factors in which Google uses to calculate your site's rankings. Backlinking requires you to have an array of backlinks whether no PR or PR8. Although you want to personally gain backlinks, booming sites do not have a backlinking team to help their site rank better; they have their readers, users, clients etc., link to them. The only way for them to link to you is if you are of interest to them. Yes, it's a circular job; you need them to backlink to you to gain traffic, but you need traffic for them to notice you in order to gain that backlink; however, you can establish a userbase from simply forum posting, blog commenting and social bookmarking. Link exchanges of highly different genres are frowned upon by Google as it appears to be unnatural methods to increase in rankings and even with similar genres, if there are two low rankings sites linking to each other, it would be hard for Google to reward either of you. I think you need to focus on the content and focus on how you can interact better with your readers/users/clients.

That's very broad circumstantial evidence, you have there. In order to gain a higher PR, other sites have to link back to you and those sites have to also be well established and a high PR. A .edu domain most likely have 1 million backlinks towards them, all linked by everyday people, whether on Twitter, their blog, other government sites etc. If your domain had 1 million links towards them, I'm sure you would eventually gain a high PR. Google has confirmed that a .edu doesn't have higher authorities over other extensions. Unless Google wants a massive law suit for misleading the Internet community, I think Google has said the truth.

14. junglekid

junglekid
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For God's sake, David, who's going to sue Google for this and on what evidence? The same way you "think Google has said the truth" "I believe that Google would never publicly confirm that they give greater authority to .edu links". There is nothing to be discussed here, these are just opinions, yours and mine. You can agree or disagree but hardly prove the opposite is true or false. BTW, although I respect Google as a search engine I can't see them as a deity of immense power and infallibility...

15. jsingerston

jsingerston
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you want high quality links then stop going after the ones that are super easy to get. The really high quality links are much harder to get and actually require effort. Here are a couple ways that you could go about obtaining better links.

Good links are not going to be found easily by blog commenting, forum posting, bulk directory submissions or bookmarking. Those are all low quality links. They will get the Googlebot to your website but won't earn you much ranking power. You will need thousands of them if your niche is competitive at all.

Instead, look for guest blogging opportunities. Find blogs that publicly state that they allow guest blogs. Ask for permission to submit a guest blog for publication. Write a really nice post that provides real value to the people who visit that blog. This will require some real legwork and time investment on your part to find them. Find as many as you can and contribute as best you can. Some of those links can be very juicy indeed.

Another method that you can use is to begin a routine of posting articles at major article directories on a regular basis. Try to submit higher quality articles than anyone else is submitting. Don't put more that 2 links in your resource box. Put one link to your homepage and another to a deep page. If you publish them on sites like EzineArticles.com you will find that other people will grab your article and republish it. This will happen if and only if you are writing higher quality articles. When you see those links popping up on the internet pointing to your site, then you take another step. Contact the owners of the websites that are republishing your articles on their websites. Offer to write 100% unique content for them in exchange for two links in the resource box on each article. Keep the same high standards for them that you do for your EzineArticles.com account. They will want the unique content instead of posting duplicate content. Every new article that they publish of yours earns your website 2 new links from a website that might not be handing out all that many other links to other sites.

16. DavidL

DavidL
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Anyone with funding can bring Google to court; Google has been to court several times before. Just because it's Google, it doesn't mean you have to be intimidated by them; if they have truly broken the law then you have every right and power to pursue legal action.

More importantly, Matt Cutts of Google's Web Spam Team has confirmed that .edu's don't give extra/special power over other extensions. If Google suddenly comes out and says they were actually not telling the truth or whatnot, or someone has researched such a thing, then that circumstantial evidence is acceptable and worthy of bringing this into a court room. What you think is "my opinion" is actually based on evidence so it holds much higher than just an opinion; it's an evaluation. Anyway, I said that in theory, not in practice. You just completely took it the wrong way.

17. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree with freelancemon here. That's why I kinda stopped building some backlinks for my site for quite a long time now besides some one-off blog commenting and stuffs. I have some regular readers who spread my links for me on their own sites or forums.

And for me, I didn't take this nofollow and dofollow attribute seriously. They are all links in the eyes of visitors and search engines.
    Nofollow links are there mostly to serve as a SPAMMER wall on blog comments. I remember a dofollow blog before that now contains useless and junk blog comments.

18. junglekid

junglekid
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Congratulations on the excellent advice and suggestions, jsingerston.

That would be the ideal thing for a perfect world. Unfortunately the online reality is quite different: we see people posting crappy articles everywhere (isn't the bum marketing method all about it?), using automated tools like scrapebox and xrumer to build backlinks by the millions, doing spam blog commenting, etc... and getting their sites on Google's first pages!

"What a wonderful world!" (L. Armstrong):)

19. andykeating

andykeating
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Try submitting your at high PR directories..submitting unique articles to various articles sites is also a good way to get backlinks..

20. midesire

midesire
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello all,
    I have read with interest the above posts regarding backlinks. I recently purchased a package, and am in the process of putting them onto sites.
    I have read various opinions on the purchase of backlinks, and I'm not sure how effective these are, maybe I am wasting my money.
    I do submit articles and advertise my site, and will look into the the guest blog opportunity. Great suggestion - thanks.
    I would appreciate your thoughts on purchasing backlinks, and your experience with these.
    Thank you