Putting Together A Business Plan

Discussion in 'Starting a Business' started by Armster, Jan 6, 2011.

1. Armster

Armster
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi all new to the forum. I thought here would be a good place to start.

I am putting together a business plan for some funding for a business. I'd like to have market trends and forecasts of my industry that I plan on going into which is the Glazing industry for new storefront installation. Basically, what I am trying to uncover is market trends for the specific glazing industry as well as new retail construction trends/forecasts for Canada but also cross-border.

I have used Google but it insists on sending me to sites where I have to pay $3,950 for a report.

Any help is appreciated and if anyone reading is the owner of those pay 'four grand for this report' sites, no offense intended, I am sure you are highly successful.

2. scifi

scifi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hmm.. well these market reports are really helpful ..they give you much needed idea and background of market trends..But they proves to be too costly if you don't have big budget initially for your Business Plan... SO I would suggest you to search for some case studies related to your topic...

Here is a link to a search engine that might help you... http://www.docjax.com/home/index.shtml Try searching on this.. It gives result only which have .ppt, .pdf or .doc extension...

Regards

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome to our business forum Armster. Do you know of any government funded organisations in Canada that collect and provide statistics and economic data. I'm not from Canada so there are none that spring to mind for me, however this site may help http://www.statcan.gc.ca/start-debut-eng.html.

You may be able to find statistics that would be related to what you are looking for, even if they are not the exact statistics that you need. Statistics such as;

• Retail sales - as an indicator of whether or not retailers will be expanding their business
    • Number of new retail businesses registered
    • Statistics from the construction industry
    • Statistics from the glass manufacturing industry.

Does that help at all?

Good luck with getting the info you need and with your new business.

4. bizboy125

bizboy125
    uix_expand uix_collapse

To start any business you must need clear idea and concepts of cost relating to this. it is shown that almost 90% of business is falling due to poor management system.
    To make your business really you must need to make contact to an experienced in this field. Consulting to a Business Consultants will help you greatly.