Pursuing for What You Love to Do

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by virt_train, Sep 12, 2012.

1. virt_train

virt_train
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi everyone, glad to be back on the forum :)

2 months ago I went through a difficult situation when I lost my long term client for 3 years ( I am into online freelancing, by the way ). It was also during that time when I just started my online business and I used part of my earnings from online freelancing to finance the business. The worst thing, I have no new clients and everything seems to be falling out of my way inspite of having a good qualification and skills. Totally, I have no income at all.

I thought of going back then to the corporate world and leave out what I love most : to work from home. When I received the corporate offer, online clients are also coming. At that point, I need to decide between "stability" and pursuing what I love to do and I choose to work from home.

While, I am happy with my decision, along the way there are just times that I questioned myself if I made the right decision. At times, what if I will go through again with the same situation...

Your thoughts are greatly appreciated...

2. NormanAvila

NormanAvila
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have an opinion on this, but please do not solely rely on my thoughts. You should only decide what you want to decide, not what I'd say to decide.

You're right that the corporate world gives you a stability, but I say it's sort of a hamster-wheel. The same and same routine again and again, until
    you retire. Now, I think working from home is way better. You're in your comfort zone, never obligated to work a specific number of hours and still while
    working 2-3 hours you can earn the same amount as others would earn while working 10 hours per day, 5 days per week.

I usually outsource part of my work to freelancers and throughout months I have realized that they are mostly lazy guys, but still provide me
    with all I need.

I vote working from home, definitely. Thanks to freelancers I also get a lot of opportunities to work from home.

3. even

even
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, anything you love will be bring more success to you and your career. Keep it up!