Publicize shop opening coordinated with airing on reality tv

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by mrsmith35sg, Jan 18, 2012.

1. mrsmith35sg

mrsmith35sg
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have client who operates a small online bakery over the last 2 years, and was selected to participate in a very popular cable reality tv show. They are shifting their grand opening of their first store to coordinate with the airing of the show.

The issue is they cannot publicize they were on the show until it's airing date. So this is a couple months ahead. How can I suck in media attention about a new bakery opening in town, while being discrete but using the reality show appearance in their favor.

This is just an advanced announcement. The week before the opening we will announce their tv appearance, and I'm sure the media will speak for itself when that arrives.

Thanks!

2. mrsmith35sg

mrsmith35sg
    uix_expand uix_collapse

^ bump bump

3. cesspadilla

cesspadilla
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Is there any kind of agreement that the owner and the TV station/show have? I think you can do press releases about the new bakery and mention it in social networking sites.

4. mrsmith35sg

mrsmith35sg
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I know the owner signed a contract with the show, mainly saying it wouldn't disclose how the show operates behind the scenes. But they I don't believe they kept a copy of it. Other bakeries who have also been the show, from what I can find online have only gone public with the news a week before the shows airing, so I'm wondering if there is a stipulation in it about how far beforehand you can make it public.

Social Media wise the bakery is growing in its following and doing well.

I've always planned on doing a release for the opening, but Im looking for advice about using the tv appearance (that to my knowledge cannot be fully announced yet) to my advantage to get maximum coverage, or if that was a bad strategy, thanks!