Providing Comapny infomation from Asia

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by pump82, Mar 24, 2011.

1. pump82

pump82
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have in an Asian country the necessary political contacts to provide veryfied detailed company information especially in the mid and small company sector (with 500 or less employees) in this particular country.

Capital is not a problem. What I need is following information:

If I can provide in depth 100.000 company information (size, value, number of employees, contact adress, revenue last years, direct competitors, business, focus etc) how much can I approxamatly ask for one company data?

I have to find out for my business plan whether this project can be profitable.

Maybe you can tell me a range like $10-$400 per comany data depending on size and importance of the company respectivly country.

Such information I need. Perhaps you know who I can contact for such an information.

Regards

Edin Hoti

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome to our Business Forum pump82. As a first step I'd suggest that you spend some time searching on Google and viewing competitor's websites to get an appreciation of how much they are selling competing data for. Is this something you have done or plan to do?

Next, I'd determine who my potential customers and likely to be and start talking to them. I wouldn't try to sell them anything at this time, what I would do is introduce the business idea to them and ask them some research questions to determine if there is a market for the information that you will be selling. Is that something you would be comfortable with doing?

3. Infotimes

Infotimes
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I deal with business information in Poland. I wouldn't ask more than 100USD for such company information. On this market there are many international companies and local information suppliers . As Fergal mentioned - research is most important for you at this phase.

4. dripworld

dripworld
    uix_expand uix_collapse

can you provide a sample site so i can understand what you needed.As per your question it is not necessary for online business since any one can type fake.I mean if i had 5 employees i can say we had 100 emplyees.Did you ever came to my company and checked ?
    As I am running my business and i dont look whether the company has mmore employees or making more products but i will try to get the products at low rates and best quality

5. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I suppose a small percentage of respondents will lie and provide false information when it comes to data gathering and market research. However, I suspect that the vast majority of respondents tell the truth, because they will not benefit from providing false information. Plus a lot of this kind of information is gathered from government sources and most companies will provide reasonably accurate information when reporting their company size to a government department.

6. dripworld

dripworld
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Some companies hide their information because of paying taxes etc.I have seen recently on some of sites where they have only few employees but the owner has said they had 100 employees how come this ?
    By seeing this type a buyer really gets interested to meet big companies for less price in products.:D