Provide me with the best SEO books

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by revardwatson, Jun 18, 2010.

1. revardwatson

revardwatson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As I have recently entered the world of SEO, I am very much keen on gaining as much knowledge as possible. Through the net, I have come across several articles that mentioned the importance of keywords, how Google spider algorithm works and many more. However, I also want to read more about SEO services, how the actual process takes place, etc. I do not want to miss out on any topic. I want to cover all of them. If you have any SEO book that I can read to learn about different ways of optimization, then can you please suggest me? E-book is also preferable.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Two SEO books that I would recommend are:

Search Engine Optimization: An Hour a Day by Jennifer Grappone and Gradiva Couzin - I've read a lot of this book myself and it is easy to read, practical and informative. I'd strongly recommend it to anyone learning SEO.

Search Engine Optimization For Dummies by Peter Kent - I own a copy of this book, but have not read it all. It's a highly recommended book and very suitable for beginners.

3. junglekid

junglekid
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Initially I'd suggest that you visit the following websites:

1. Webmasterworld - this is one of the best places to obtain good SEO informationon; on the left menu bar click on "The Google World" and "The Search Engine World".

2. Search Engine Optimization - excellent article with excellent information.

3. Jonathan Leger - Jonathan has developed a passion for SEO and his blog is a great source of good articles on the subject. From time to time he releases free reports exposing his experiments and findings.

As regards ebooks, I've got a whole library of them! (all with resale rights) Here are just a few:

SEO - Strategies to Improve Your Site Ranking
    SEO for Beginners
    SEO for Busy Marketers
    EO For VIPs (Ebook & mp3)
    SEO Revenge - Rated A- at IMReportcard
    SEO Education 101 (Ebook + 27 videos)

I'd personally recommend SEO Revenge and SEO Education 101. If you're interested PM me and we'll work out a special deal.:)

4. Lingua21

Lingua21
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I've read SEO for dummies and it is fantastic for people starting off although it is by no means a complete bible on the subject.

Most of my knowledge has come from battling it out on the SEO Chat forum and by lots of experimentation.

5. martinhames

martinhames
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Some great websites to visit are Webmasterworld, Search Engine Optimisation and Jonathan Leger. Books like SEO for Beginners, EO for VIPs, etc can be used.