Property Contract Questions

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by Lbvcjhks, Sep 9, 2011.

1. Lbvcjhks

Lbvcjhks
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Does a commercial landlord have to provide me with a copy of my lease? Also, does he have to provide me with receipts for payments especially cash payments made by special delivery. He is disputing how much was in the envelopes even though the staff at the post office have counted the money before sealing the envelope and put the amount on the receipt. The landlords keep calling me a liar and I am sick of it. I am not sure if it is because I am a woman or because I am a different religion as they seem to look down on me! They seem to think that they are the only ones that would not tell lies.

2. Felix07Richerd

Felix07Richerd
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Documentation is always the vital part of any deal in any category. You should need to have a document proof to buy a commercial property with that you can secure with fraud

3. BAFHarvest

BAFHarvest
    uix_expand uix_collapse

just be sure that you provide with him the documents that she needs that would prove that you are telling the truth. there are really people who are strict when it comes to that, just need to be more patient. :)

4. cjarrodsnow

cjarrodsnow
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My suggestion is never pay with cash. Even if it costs a couple dollars for a cashiers check, always pay by check! This way you have documentation on your side for how much the transaction was for. Additionally, a landlord should provide you with a receipt for all payments, for both your records and theirs and I am pretty certain that you are supposed to receive a copy of the lease at the time the lease is signed, for your records.