Proper Way to Do SEO on Year 2014?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by James12smith, Dec 30, 2013.

1. James12smith

James12smith
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi. Due to the latest Panda, Penguin updates & Hummingbird algorithm change, what will be the exact & proper SEO guidelines (ON & OFF page) for year 2014, for sites having high competition keywords?

2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Before anyone mentions the tired old phrase that everyone else has been spreading (you know the one, so I am not going to repeat it here - and i don't think anyone else should either) You should make sure that your website is designed with user experience in mind - not for the search engines. All of the major search engines have published their own guidelines, and if you have been following them all along, Panda and Penguin should not have affected your website. The exact guidelines for Google can be found here.
    If you are going after high competition keywords, you will have to make sure you follow the guidelines as closely as you possibly can, because your competitors definitely will be.

3. marriott

marriott
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Sir their various types of methods for SEO like off page, on page, PPC, and many more, all these methods are effective in different ways and its your decision that how would you want to use these methods.

4. epicresearch

epicresearch
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Banned

According to google update this time proper way of SEO IS use only qualiti content and high pr site on link buliding time.

5. JoanMatilda

JoanMatilda
    uix_expand uix_collapse

ya according to google updates, the guidelines may get vary again and again so we have to view it without fail

6. kevinkrieger

kevinkrieger
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Target Long Tail Keywords
    Guest posting on Popular Blogs
    Blog Commenting
    Forum posting

7. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Where do you see that Google recommends only high pr sites?

I would take Forum posting off the list, and would probably want to stay away from blog commenting strictly for SEO purposes. However, if you have a valuable comment to add and just happen to include a link, it shouldn't hurt too much - just don't overdo it.

8. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have a new site that I tried to optimized myself. Currently the advice I got from a friend who is into SEO is to just build links from reputable websites like linkedin and youtube. YouTube like he said has a feature that a user can create a channel for their websites and also linkedin. I did created so and somehow my newly created site is gradually ranking from 7th page to 3rd. I do hope it will go up more to the first page.

Most of the time, its the articles that will be useful for the online users that make a website valuable for search engines so you better take care of the contents that its not just optimized for search engines but for the readers as well.

benhur