Promoting your company on LinkedIn.

Discussion in 'Articles & Tutorials' started by Jerlene, Sep 23, 2012.

1. Jerlene

Jerlene
    uix_expand uix_collapse

So the first thing to do is create a profile on LinkedIn then set up a Products/Services tab. This will allow you to showcase your offerings.

Now encourage your employees, customers, friends, family, etc. to recommend your offerings. They can do this once you set up your Products/Services tab.

Once you set your profile and tab up and got some people to recommend your products/services, review your page's analytics and alter your page by the demographics shown.

In a GOOD way, LinkedIn is similar to Facebook. They offer a status feature. Occasionally update your status. You don't want to be a ghost to the people that follow your company page. This also shows them that you are open and available for support, questions, etc.

Encourage users who visit your site to share your content on LinkedIn by adding a LinkedIn share button within your content. Most platforms offer this in plugin form(WordPress for example).

While you're adding stuff to your website, don't forget to add a LinkedIn Follow Company button to your site. The more followers you have, the more sales you make and recurring visitors you have.

Promote your LinkedIn page on social networking sites such as Twitter and Facebook.

While you're in the promoting mood, promote your LinkedIn page via email. Time consuming yet effective.

Now encourage your employees, customers, friends, family, etc. to follow you on LinkedIn. If they had no problem recommending your products and services, they'll have no problem following you.

Set up groups and promote them. Join groups. Create polls within groups. Companies can't join groups so make sure you do this through your personal LinkedIn account. Interacting within groups will further increase the reach of your company.

Crowd source the LinkedIn community for valuable insights and opinions by posting questions.

In addition to asking questions, employees and advocates should answer questions as well. This will establish the individual as a thought leader and bring other LinkedIn users to your company page should a user click on the employee answering the question.

Good luck!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks for sharing that great article with us Jerlene.

Do you mean a company profile or just a normal personal profile?

3. Jerlene

Jerlene
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is for promoting your company so create a company profile. I do, however, mention creating a personal profile in the article.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks Jerlene, I've taken your advice and set up a LinkedIn profile with a Service for Business Advice Forum. Announcement here.

5. Jerlene

Jerlene
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Oh, thanks for mentioning me. Good luck on spreading the word on BAF.

6. noreturn

noreturn
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Great tip/tutorial you got there. Also I do want to note that you can do this for your website to not just your company.. I don't think this will help a ton but if their a customer searching your company it may help pull your site up.

7. Jerlene

Jerlene
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yeah, it works for pretty much anything, but works better for a company.

8. jackjohan7299

jackjohan7299
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Obviously a company profile is needed if you want to promote your company or business on linkedin.It is a nice site for business networking and promotion.

9. sbglobal

sbglobal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Banned

just make strong profile in linkin.

10. miketaylor

miketaylor
    uix_expand uix_collapse

its very important thread i am also added my company in linkedin but i can't know about these type of great information. keep on sharing.

11. syed2011

syed2011
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Good stuff!! After reading this info I suggested my friend to create LinkedIn profile as he is starting his business. It helped him a lot to increase the visitors. Thanks for sharing Jerlene!!

12. Jerlene

Jerlene
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You're very welcome. I'm glad someone is finding success from it.:)

13. kaminiprajapati

kaminiprajapati
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I registered my company in Linked In but i can post my company regarding information in Timeline. I Listed a company but its use only for company information then nothing else. What better way use Linked in Profile then our Business aware to all?

14. JacksonHuston

JacksonHuston
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Learned a lot! Thanks!

15. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for posting your article for pormoting on linkedin. I will see about this.

16. BrianMitchell1

BrianMitchell1
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Its quite impressive. You should be determined and patient in this task.

17. Jay.

Jay.
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This was a very informative article, thanks a lot for posting. :)

18. TheCrowdfundMafi

TheCrowdfundMafi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

we use linked in all the time and have a group of 500 members that has helped to gain traction through discussions daily

19. flip777

flip777
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I was wondering if I could link everything to here or link this to another account. I want to get both my e-mails, both web sites to one place and track all my data including my facebook as well. If I can how do I do it. I am clueless to the internet expansion. I spend more time in the shop than in the office.

20. SmartDiva

SmartDiva
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Creating a profile in linkedin also helps the company to explore itself and catch eyes of many corporates...