Promoting Google+ Communities

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by tunescool, Mar 10, 2015.

1. tunescool

tunescool
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i started a google+ community to promote two of my sites. i have links to my stuff i wanted on there, in their own category not in discussion. i have just some material on there to start, i think thats good and why have alot if no one is there yet.

i shared the community and used my social media which ill do more of. its hard to invite people because you cant invite more than 500 and i only use like two circles.

i know to follow people and join communities ive joined alot.

what are some other things that you could do to promote your community, something different

2. Hum Students

Hum Students
    uix_expand uix_collapse

dear do the following also

link on your website to that people from your site also join it
    talk about the events currently happening or you can say talk of the town with the # tags so that users can get know about it
    participate in different discussion
    one most important, make your community a best place of information about a specific area/field then you would get great followers soon. don't try to cover maximum fields just focus on one and be master in it.

3. Kevin Peter

Kevin Peter
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Banned

Did you check if there are similar communities? Research on what they are doing and what is working for them? This basic competitor analysis helps you carve your strategy and do something different. If you have a website linked, your community might be indexed for search. So, focus on keywords that best describe your community. Also as you would be the moderator, ensure spammers are not entertained and have the fresh content creators on board.

4. matthewgayle

matthewgayle
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Communities is one such place where people can ask some question, share some related topic, give comments who are interested in the discussion. Try to find out similar type of communities and join them, ask genuine people to join your community.

5. Tedel

Tedel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

mm... How searchable is the community within G+?

I don't use that network much, but I always used the search feature to try to find suitable communities. The only direct options I took were the Linux groups I found interesting through their blogs.

So well, my first tips would be to use your own group description to try to make your community findable rather than promoting it through "spammy" invitations.

My 0.02.

6. sulbha

sulbha
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Banned

1. Create multiple Youtube accounts and upload same videos - but this time with different titles, descriptions and tags etc... In otherwords target different keywords...
    2. Approach account holders who have a large following and ask them to upload one of your videos... or for them to help with referrals...
    3. If possible try add your video to related/popular ones... Also look at popular videos and use the titles, descriptions and tags (viewed from source code) as part of your titles/descriptions/tags so that it increases you chances of your video appearing as a related one...
    4. You could contact the account owner ask them to add your link to either the description or on the actual video...
    5. Add your videos to other plaforms e.g. Vimeo, Daily Motion, Metcafe

7. petersen

petersen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yah all is right. I think need to increase targeted Circle. Use unique and niche image. Share status everyday. weekly or monthly one reminder every contributor.

8. James4

James4
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Stay updated with new and interested stuffs. Join others similar communities and get participate on their posts activities. Prove their audience that you are expert on those similar field tell them about your community and approach them to join that.

9. Alexxa

Alexxa
    uix_expand uix_collapse

G+ is pretty hard to work on. I wonder if it will die out soon, especially that I heard about the division into Google Photos and Google Stream about a month ago. Do you think it will be even harder to promote?