Promoting article viewing, use of key words...

Discussion in 'Content Marketing' started by ErinHeaven, Jul 12, 2010.

1. ErinHeaven

ErinHeaven
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I've written about a dozen articles so far to promote my business. On the plus side, I see other sites pick them up & distribute them. However, the main sites hosting them tell me my articles have not gathered a lot of views. What can I do to attract viewers? Some suggest getting more articles out, which would draw attention to the ones I've already posted.

I'm especially wondering about the use of the key words. If I use more popular terms, I'm concerned about getting lost in the plethora of sites that would come up when searchers used those terms. On the other hand, I'm concerned that if I use more specialized terms, I'll get fewer searchers in general tho my articles might have greater chance of showing up near the top.

I just want to put my best efforts towards what will get the most results. Thanks.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Find the articles that are most popular on the the sites where you have submitted your articles. Have a look at those articles while asking yourself why are they better than yours and what can you learn from them.

A lot will depend on the title that you give your articles, try to use short catchy titles that will make your readers curious and want to know more.

If you'd like to link to some of your articles, we can have a look at them and try to offer you specific suggestions.

3. rapidbilling

rapidbilling
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello,

Yeah.. Fergal is absolutely right..!! Lot of things to be considered while you write articles..people wants fresh and interesting contents..!! Always try to write article so the people can understand it.. means you should convey your message in a proper manner with the same meaning..

Hope you are clear now..!!
    Good luck..!!:)

4. ErinHeaven

ErinHeaven
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As you can see, I was away for a while. I just wanted to thank you for your advice & when I get back to article writing I'll be referring back to this!