Promoting a new e-book, what do you think?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by NormanAvila, Sep 10, 2012.

1. NormanAvila

NormanAvila
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi everyone,

I'm into writing a new e-book and then promoting it. I'm aware of how to promote my e-book successfully, I am stuck on the topic: what to write about? There seem to be a whole lot of great topics but still I don't realize which topic would be of maximal interest. Any thoughts?

I am not sure if I will launch this soon but still I plan to collect some valuable ideas and turn them into a great e-book of general interest!

2. chipper

chipper
    uix_expand uix_collapse

just writing something you are interested in. start with that.

if you take into consideration what others are looking for, you will come across as pretentious and a liar. you cannot fake expertise.

3. NormanAvila

NormanAvila
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks, I wasn't intending to fake expertise. However you can write on topics you are not so familiar with, by deep research going through days and weeks. Sometimes I believe that you can simply gather existing ideas, add your own thoughts, and make it all ten times easier to read/understand/put into practice.

What I try to say is that there are probably millions of weight loss books (this is a random topic, not necessarily my e-book idea) but still only a few of those books are written in a useful way and only few became best-sellers. It's a lot about packaging - once you have something to sell, you need to sell wisely.

What do you think? What packaging would turn an e-book into a best-seller for at least a couple of weeks?

What I think would be a great packaging:
    1) A simple cover to deliver the message, a nice attracting graphic on the cover (related to the content of course)
    2) Simply written paragraphs/tips/hints throughout the e-book
    3) Minimal fluff in content - getting always to the point so that readers don't fall asleep on your introductions and long,unwanted explanations

etc.etc.

These are only a few of my ideas, still I would love to hear from someone who has some experience or has something to add, ideas, suggestions, anything.

4. Marius081

Marius081
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey Norman,

I've read maybe hundreds of ebooks and tried to write some... I asked for advices and search for info, but, the response from more experienced writers was "everything is related to YOU".

Your personal fingerprint is the most important thing.
    To be yourself and concise, clear and straight to the point when needed is the 1st key.
    Do not forget to write up about a story of loosing weight

The 2nd Key is the title and your cover.

As an advice, if you write a short ebook try to use a stuff like:

Top 5 secrets for loosing weight revealed
    6 simple steps to start loosing weight

For a story...

The title should be related to a generic person (mention weight, occupation, age)

How ........... lost weight in 3 weeks

Hope it helps