professional e-mail id

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by Aun, Jul 12, 2011.

?

A professional E-mail should be like

Poll closed Jul 19, 2011.
  1. info@

75.0%
  2. sales@

25.0%
  3. aun.qutab@

37.5%
  4. aun.q@

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. a.qutab@

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Aun

Aun
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Good day reader(s),

I want to get my professional e mail id. The team of web developers working on my site suggested me to have the id of " info@ " or " sales@"

Fergal have asked me to consider the id in my own name, yes this is one of the way of a corporate reflection one can have, well if I go for my name id then it would be like "aun.qutab@" (my name Aun Qutab). You think its OK, nothing wrong with this id while considering the long characters issue of complete e mail id. Here I want to tell you that "aun.qutab@" if chosen this will join eleven alphabet prior to dot com.

Personally I want to have the id in my name (aun.qutab@)

I will be using this Id for answering product queries, info, pricing, sending or receiving contracts with clients, selling products with all spec info etc.

Professional e mail id should be less in characters: somewhere I read this, any way I don't know much.

Please make final suggestions for any one from below:

info@
    sales@
    aun.qutab@
    aun.q@
    a.qutab@

Thankyou

2. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Personally I like info@
    And I'm using it for my website too

3. Aun

Aun
    uix_expand uix_collapse

With info@ id an impression of a general type of a receiver would have come into the mind of a sender not a personalized one while you are here to sell and the buyer would like to know least your name for some initial comfort

4. James Greg

James Greg
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes Aun there might arise some conflicts about the ID having info@ or sales@ because it surely gives the impression that it is being used by a team handling such matters and mostly people feel that in contacting such IDs the query would go unanswered.

5. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Why not simply use aun@ it's much less complicated than using a full stop / dot and part or all of your surname?

6. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you are the only one who is running the site, I suggest using your name (aun@) on the email. But if you are on a team, info@ would be good.

7. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you really want to put your name, make it short and simple to memorize, always avoid to use . or _ or something similar.
    Go for either aun or qutab

8. Aun

Aun
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Sigma don't you think that using a dot for separating your name gives it a corporate impression I am not in the favour of using _ or digits also but dots usually used. how about a.qutab@ or aun.q@ or most probably I will take the idea of Fergal and Gekidan their suggestions are good.

9. Peter Birganza

Peter Birganza
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,

I would like to recommend you info@. Actually I don`t know much about online marketing techniques. But from my study I learned that it is the best selection for professional email id because it covers your whole business. Sales, web, resources etc., all of these come under the head of this email id. It is a general observation that most of the organizations are using info@ to communicate with other businesses vie emails.

10. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

well, it is depends. Normally business like to use info@ because it was "default" in user's mind, they can easy to contact the business team/company. You can actually make it whatever you like, personal name is unique but it dont make you email look formal enough in deal with business, it represents individual person from the company. However, info or sales is representing the department/team of the company

11. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Aun have you thought about the image you want to present for your business? For example do you want to create the perception that you are a large company or do you want to create the perception that you are personal and that clients can contact you directly with their questions and support requests? If you are going with the company image you might want to use info@ or sales@, if you are going for the more personal image, you probably want to use your own name.

• Like Like x 1
  12. td2011

td2011
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would personally go for info@ covering the whole business, rather than a particular section like sales for example.

13. darensmith

darensmith
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think info@ is a good choice and widely accepted.

14. Dean

Dean
    uix_expand uix_collapse

At the moment I'm using info@ and sales@ as I want to keep general enquiries and clients separate. As I want to seem more business like I'm not using dean@.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Although info@ or sales@ are good general purpose IDs, James has a point. People contacting your business would like to know that their email would be answered, and using what I refer to as a "generic" ID will give people the impression that their email is going into a gigantic "Spam" folder, and that it never gets read. Using an actual name would reassure people that a real person is running the business, and they will actually get the help they seek.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Jerlene

Jerlene
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Wow, seems like everyone is on the same track.

I chose these:
    info@
    sales@
    aun.qutab@

You should use info@ for all general inquiries, sales@ for inquiries regarding sales and aun.qutab@ so people can contact you directly. If you are the webmaster people are going to want to get a hold of you specifically.

17. Aun

Aun
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am the sole owner of this business and how would I manage having info@ , sales @ and my name@ three id's on my business stationary, my business card? It also looks tough or simply unrealistic to provide different id types after sorting different quires by the customers also it will make the corresponding results slow either for a client or myself, first get the mail from your customer on info@ then from info@ direct your customer to mail his/her request to sales@ or myname@ for further inquiry

I must have one id. which one?

correct analysis Joeroxx

18. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

You would not need to put all three on a business card, since anyone that you give your business card to would probably want to correspond directly with you. The same would apply to your stationary. The other two would be used only for website purposes. Depending on how big your business is, you might want to have specific places for people to send email to, based on the type of information they want. When they are set up, you can also have email that goes to info@ or sales@ redirected to your aun.qutab@ email address. Your ISP, hosting company, or email program can tell you how to do this.

19. Jerlene

Jerlene
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You maybe the sole owner but you mentioned having staff. Are you going to be the only one with an email?

20. Aun

Aun
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes I have thought it in the start but not for perception concern only I want to make my company large but not with the makeup I want it in real. I am running the business from my home no doubt that presentation really matters. I have the plans to make my company large but when the time comes. However I want my clients know that whom they are talking, corresponding, mailing to. I want them to know that they are directly in touch with a person who is the authority and they can ask or discuss business issues with the confidence that they have discussed it to the right one or without the fear of the thing that their mails will be kept as junk or ignored.

Lets see from another angle; In export business where aside from general quires of prices or products, their availability, terms and conditions settlement process, another important final process - signing a contract between the parties- takes place and generally all the terms of a contract are to mail first then use the fax or a courier service for this purpose and particularly for this I believe it will make the client not easy to send the legal doc (of a contract) on which the whole of the process base is to mail to the id like info@ or sales @ where client don't know the name of a person.

OK If you have to send me a legal contract through mail which will be the preferred id for you to mail at: info@, sales@ or aun@
    In fact if the sender gains even a slightest level of trust and confidence by looking at the id - I think its a good start.

Companies not a real person but known by some real person(s)

Now Fergal should I go for info@ or go for aun@