Product stock photos for website

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by jjohnson2485, Jun 4, 2012.

1. jjohnson2485

jjohnson2485
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Where do I go to get photos for my products that isn't considered copyright?

I have an online grocery store and I am looking for photos for my products.

Would photobucket, or google images work?

2. StarBC

StarBC
    uix_expand uix_collapse

• Like Like x 1
  3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I'd suggest you contact the suppliers of the products you sell. Their marketing department should be able to provide you with photos of their product that you can use your own site. Suppliers will generally be willing to help you in this way, because the more you can promote their products, the more you can sell, which is obviously very good for their business.

• Like Like x 1
  4. gogreenbusiness

gogreenbusiness
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yeah, i agree with Fergal. You should contact your product's suppliers directly. Knowing you are willing to sell their product, i am pretty sure they will cooperate with you.

• Like Like x 1
  5. MartinLedley

MartinLedley
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Search online for 'Royalty Free Images' and check the results, but the very best way is to take the photos yourself with a digital camera, then you're completely covered, but only if you have the physical products available. If you have some old computer magazine CDs knocking about, they've usually got sets of images that are free to use, so if general images are what you want that's another option. If you don't mind paying for them then istock photos and similar sites will suffice.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you are an affiliate /direct seller from a company or from the manufacturer of the products you sell, you can actually ask for photos from them of those units you sell or probably get a picture of those products. I'm sure you will be allowed to do so as long as you are an affiliate partner or reseller.

• Like Like x 1
  7. jackyalis11

jackyalis11
    uix_expand uix_collapse

hi
    welcome to this forum site, here u can find lots of things , i suggest u for your problem you have to contact your friends , right now i am not able to give u answer , sorry for that.

8. jackyalis11

jackyalis11
    uix_expand uix_collapse

hi
    welcome to this forum site, here u can find lots of things , i suggest u for your problem you have to contact your friends , right now i am not able to give u

9. patrick0001

patrick0001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

• Like Like x 1
  10. Navida

Navida
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The best way is take pictures of product from your digital cameras. This is the easiest and legal way. No issue will create after this act, otherwise you can take pictures from supplier as many others are suggested.

• Like Like x 1
  11. jcworlditsme

jcworlditsme
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would say that the above option is the best solution, however you can also use Google to find websites which provide copyright-free, also known as royalty-free, images.

• Like Like x 1
  12. jjohnson2485

jjohnson2485
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thank you everyone for your responses. I have a ton of products! I don't think taking pictures of each one is what I really want to do lol.

I don't really have stock of every item either. I guess I can try and email every company even though that will be a hassle too.

I have looked into royalty free images before but not every product is on there, only a few.

This is my biggest problem with the business start up so far and I have a feeling it will take me sometime to accomplish this. There is no real easy way to do it.

13. patrick0001

patrick0001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are few idea to grab a free photo, which is non popular site, non English site, other country.

Reason:
    1. No business conflict.
    2. Owner and searches hardly discover it.
    3. Take legal action against the other country is difficult and funding to take legal action

We do respect ownership content, for content taken we can give link back.