Product Name and Branding

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by patrick0001, May 21, 2012.

1. patrick0001

patrick0001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

http://www.businessadviceforum.com/showthread.php/35412-Hyundai-Tablet
    Once I saw this thread, I have a weird feeling, I wondering how an automotive brand (Nyundai) going to success in tablet market. Both industry are not involve at all.

What is your feeling, when someone told you Apple going to release soft drink, or engine oil or Microsoft want to become furniture manufacturer?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I Googled "Hyundai tablet" and found a company called Hyundai Technologies, which is the company that actually manufactures the tablets. I do not know if they are another division of the same company that makes the cars, or if they simply have the same name.

Apple making soft drinks? Maybe if they made fruit juice (sorry, I couldn't resist)?

3. alexllever

alexllever
    uix_expand uix_collapse

apple going to sale soft drink, or microsoft for furniture, if this is their next market target and do reasonable ads, i'll buy it, without weird feeling. just make your customers convinced

4. firstchoicecar

firstchoicecar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well that is really weird, Product Name and Branding is really important.

5. Navida

Navida
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Business should care about its product name and branding. If it want to diversify then there should be no issue as if someone is seeing a scope in other market then he should go there to avail this opportunity.

6. marketing3

marketing3
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Product name and branding are very important in order to promote sale.... However, for effective branding the quality of products must be high and the price must be affordable........ Otherwise, products will not play an important role in the way of creating nice impression.......

7. printingray

printingray
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Its a great way to advertise your products and services with promotional items for branding your business. Branding is more popular than a product or loge. The main benefit of branding is the customers are much more likely to remember your business. A strong brand creates an image of well established business that has been long enough to become popular. When the image of brand is easy for people to remember, it means that forever resources are required to convince the customers.

8. paul01

paul01
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes it’s really a very big problem and you have to worried about it because product name and branding name is very important.

9. kimipatel

kimipatel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Product name n branding is important for any business and also people get noticed by this... The basic idea behind is product name.. And how you add your product is very important.. So branding is also important... Because you can decide price on the quality or the product branding..... It's good quality than your price will be also good... And it's easily popular in market by doing just add... So product name n branding is the most important for the business.....

10. jacklinmor

jacklinmor
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I don't know that you are right or not but you have written some fact things, so I am writing on that my one opinion, in now days real estate is well growing business sector, with out real estate you can not do any business, in short if you want to any business than real estate must be required, so with real estate furniture business is well growing also, there are lots of design for furniture development.

11. kimipatel

kimipatel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well The product n branding how much important you can understand from real example.. Like Tata is big company all over the world. company sell more than 20 product in world.. Because of this brand n product...And suppose some new product lounge by two company one is branded company and one is new company just finished 1 year in market or whatever. Will you by the product from other company? Cost is also do meter.. But right now we taking about brand? no na... So this is the impact the brand name.....

12. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hmm. That's not even impossible I guess - there are those who actually had entered different industries and products/services. Say for example - Virgin.
    But then - it will depend on the competency of the company to start new branded products of their own. It's very risky though and there's is no assurance that it will always succeed provided that you already have a famous brand.

Regards,
    Mark T

13. Life_is_good

Life_is_good
    uix_expand uix_collapse

yes its weird but if Apple really want to sell drinks, its ok, but i think Apple wont do that

14. ilovedesign

ilovedesign
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That's hilarious. But I guess there are some branding basics we can relearn from that.