Product bundling and reselling advice.

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by Dlinstro, Jun 17, 2011.

1. Dlinstro

Dlinstro
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello,

I'm interested in bundling and reselling existing products on the market and seeking advice on where to start. I would like to create a "starter kit" type product, consisting of several products that are already being sold individually. The easiest way would be to find a single manufacturer that has the ability to make, package, and ship this "kit" but I realize this may be a long shot. I can find individual manufacturers of each product, but unsure how to organize it from there; getting all the products in one place, repackaged or bundled, and ship out as one product to the customer.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome to our business forum Dlinstro. Would it be possible for you to tell us what type of products you will be selling?

How do you plan on selling the package, e.g. will you be selling it online or by some other method?

If you can please give us a little more info we will be able to give you more helpful answers.

3. RevBushido

RevBushido
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well, I don't know about him, but I'm looking into the same idea. I'm looking to put together a backpack with the various things one would need to survive for 3 days in an emergency. The customer would be able to keep one of these near the exit of their home so that they could leave quickly in case of a natural disaster.

Would being a wholesale customer of the various manufacturers be enough to allow for this, or would one need to obtain special permission?

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

RevBushido honestly I can't think of any reason why you would need permission to include products in the backpack. After all what you are doing would be good promotion for the manufacturers and it would increase their sales. However, if you are concerned about it you should ask the respective manufacturers, the worst they can do is say no and I can't think of any reason why they would turn down the business.

Sounds like a great idea, good luck with it and welcome to our business forum.