Problem with PDF submission

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by Melissa Feeney, Jan 8, 2015.

1. Melissa Feeney

Melissa Feeney
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello Friends,

Please help me to get out of this problem. I did PDF submission in SlideShare and have given contextual link in my PDF file, but after uploading the PDF it is not showing the Hyperlink. Tell me where I am going wrong.

2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

The best place to ask about a problem with a service provider is with the provider themselves. In your case, someone from SlideShare can take a look at your account and see what you did - we do not have that capability. They are, therefore, the best place to ask your question. If you cannot get an answer from SlideShare, someone here may be able to help you, but it would be very difficult without access to Slideshare's servers to see exactly what you did, and they won't give us access to that. It is also possible that the problem may have been on their end, not anything you did. There is no way we can help with that.

#2 Joseph.Shivell, Jan 8, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2015
  3. Melissa Feeney

Melissa Feeney
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You are right, the right place to get the answer for that is Slideshare, I mailed them and asked the members for this issue, but I didn't came with any solution. So I asked in the forum. Sorry, if I did wrong as the forum members over here may be doing PDF submission so I asked it over here.

4. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

You have nothing to apologize for, as you did almost exactly what you were supposed to. The only thing you didn't do is tell us, in detail, what you already did. If you tell us exactly what you did, and where you went, we can avoid recommending something you've already done. Also,I don't know what you mean by "the PDF it is not showing the Hyperlink". Can you be a little more specfic?

5. adrianlynch

adrianlynch
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Normally the link is activated after first 5 pages / slides. Be sure that your link is not in first 5 slides / pages.

6. Maryjohnson1555

Maryjohnson1555
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I had also faced the same problem. The solution is that you have to install any good extension, which will convert your Powerpoint file into a pdf. After that, if you still have the same problem, then try it on another browser. Maybe then it will work.

#6 Maryjohnson1555, Feb 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2015