Problem in blog commenting

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by askpreeti, Dec 26, 2012.

1. askpreeti

askpreeti
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi friends, i believe that blog commenting is the important part of off page seo. but the problem is as i am new to seo i don't have very much knowledge of seo. so i always get confused while commenting on blogs as all blogs are written by seo experts. and i don't want to post only "thank you" comments on blogs. so any ideas for how to post good comment on blogs?

2. abhirampathak3

abhirampathak3
    uix_expand uix_collapse

OK. Its not only your problem. Many people faced the same problem like you, And don't right "thank you" on any post. Just focus on relevant site with your site try to post something new. Lots of information you can find from Google, collect the information from there, right a comment with your own language.

• Like Like x 1
  3. guptaabhijit318

guptaabhijit318
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For posting good comment on blogs, take the time to in fact really read the post, keep the comment on topic rather than bringing in an outside and unrelated list of items.

• Like Like x 1
  4. askpreeti

askpreeti
    uix_expand uix_collapse

thank you for providing solution. now i am commenting on blogs in the way suggested by you.

5. Lincoln Smith

Lincoln Smith
    uix_expand uix_collapse

@ Askpreeti: First you should try to write comment only for those blogs that are related to your niche. Don't just write thank-you. Share your ideas and put your views.

• Like Like x 1
  6. TimB

TimB
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You need to get more knowledge about terms and terminologies. To read as much as you can on SEO MOZ and similar sites so that you have more ideas and concepts to talk about.
    For commenting anywhere "Knowledge & Information are the keys".
    Best of luck!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Beth

Beth
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As per my view, biggest problem that is actually faced while blog commenting is that if you write one post per day then all of a sudden the readers of the blog will lose interest in your blog. So,to avoid such kind of losses try to make an editorial calender that will help you to decide what your posts will be about weeks or months in advance and will give you deadlines to stick to and take off the pressure of choosing a topic at the last minute.Be strategic and do some planning before writing the blog, go for searching the topic., include tags into your blogs etc.

• Like Like x 1
  8. rudradhar

rudradhar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

During Blog commenting you can also say that why you had liked the blog or any question regarding any point.

• Like Like x 1
  9. leonella769

leonella769
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Only "thank you" and "good content" etc are not blog commenting. It is just considered as spam. You have to write 3-4 lines giving some comment on the content of the blog. It should be related to your niche. If you do so it is really remarkable blog commenting.

• Like Like x 1
  10. jasikajuli

jasikajuli
    uix_expand uix_collapse

first of all read somewhat otherwise it will be meaningless

• Like Like x 1
  11. agentmanningctu

agentmanningctu
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You just need to make sure you comments are well-written and offer some discussion. Don't just say "nice article." Start a discussion. Give them a reason to read your comment and check out your site.

• Like Like x 1
  12. dgeneschi

dgeneschi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Perhaps this goes without saying, but if you're commenting for SEO purposes (rather than click-through than traffic), you should also make sure that backlinks in the comment section of the blog you're planning to post a comment to are "dofollow" (use the inspector in Chrome or firebug in extension in Firefox to check existing links in the comment section and make sure they don't have the attribute rel="nofollow")

• Like Like x 1
  13. john_mclaren

john_mclaren
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You got to have an in depth idea for the blog you want to post a comment on. You got to do your homework of research study regarding the topic you want to comment on and be precise and specific in your discussion towards the blog. That's it and you will be through.

• Like Like x 1
  14. eelizasanchez121

eelizasanchez121
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In blog commenting you need to share your point of views about the blog and you should not right thank you like comment on them it is considered as spamming. You should also post on relevant blogs only.

• Like Like x 1
  15. eurekapsycrille

eurekapsycrille
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Correction, blog commenting is not the best off page SEO technique. It depends on your motive of doing blog commenting. If you are only aiming to links and not interaction, then you are completely wasting your time. Another thing is that, if the blog owner doesn't want to approve comments whether they have links or not, you can do nothing about it.

• Like Like x 2
  16. stella123

stella123
    uix_expand uix_collapse

hi
    if you want to comment in the blog dont aim at your link posting and just thank you messages. read the blog give your inputs for the topic. boost topic form your valuable recommendations

17. rajdeep01

rajdeep01
    uix_expand uix_collapse

blog commenting is very useful for both the site owner and user. Both gets links to their sites. Blogs with more comments make a article more interesting. Blog commenting is one of the best way to get quality

18. askpreeti

askpreeti
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thank you for answer.Right now I am doing blog commenting for seo purpose but the other side of this is i want to gain seo knowledge. so i always read the blog before commenting. and thanks for that firebug tip.

- - - - Posts Merged - - - -

Thank you for your reply. I am doing blog commenting not only for seo purpose but i also want to gain the knowledge of seo as i am new to seo.I try to interact with blogger as well as other commentators and I also avoid writing just 'thank you'.

19. eurekapsycrille

eurekapsycrille
    uix_expand uix_collapse

To start, you may interact with some popular seo blogs. Try search Ross Hudgens, Kaiserthesage.com, or even you can browse seomoz blog. Try to ask questions there especially those that are not answered properly in forums.

20. Ted

Ted
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are two suggestions I have that can solve your dilemma.

1) Ask questions in the comments instead of just answering with "good post" or "thank you". When you ask questions it gets everybody talking more which is what the blogger is hoping for anyway. They will really appreciate your comments if you are asking questions for clarity or asking questions about parts of their post that you didn't understand.

2) Another option for you is to share your personal experience with the topic of the post. For instance, suppose the blogger is writing about the difference between nofollow and dofollow; then you can write about whether you use either nofollow or dofollow on your blog comments and why you chose that particular option.

• Like Like x 2