Privacy, LLC registration, and DBAs

Discussion in 'Starting a Business' started by Oceanborn, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Oceanborn

Oceanborn
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello. I registered an LLC business. Unfortunately when registering my full name and home address are listed on my state's government website as all businesses are. And if you run a search on the web for my LLC business name, pages come up with my full name, home address, and phone number.

I'm not sure how I would go about this, but how can I hide all of this information? I was thinking of getting a DBA, then registering another LLC business and use the DBA on the application, but I'm not sure if that will work. I can also get a new cell phone #, and I could maybe somehow work something out there I have a P.O. box as the physical business location.

I have no idea how to go about this.

I don't want this privacy to hide since I'm doing something I shouldn't be doing, it's more that there is a chance of my business being pretty big and I'd rather just not have my personal information out there for various other reasons.

2. StarBC

StarBC
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The laws vary from state to state. For example in Ohio you can't register you business without physical address in Ohio. At the same time you can't use already registered DBA for a new formed LLC. What state are you from? I need more details.

May be this info can be useful:

http://www.reputation.com/reputatio...ve-personal-information-online-public-records

I think you should check with your SOS office first.

• Like Like x 1