printing t-shirts , no inventory..?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by lola, Sep 6, 2013.

1. lola

lola
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,
    I am new to the business and i am trying to figure out some stuff. I would like to sell t-shirts online. I have some sort of plan, but I would like to find out how to solve the printing and shipping. I don't want to keep inventory. what I was thinking is to have images on the website so the buyer can choose the print, size of tshirt and color. . What I am not sure is where to find the company that would print the selected image and ship it to buyer directly.
    So my question is what company should I look for that provide this type of service for reasonable price.
    Any recomendation appreciated
    thank you

2. Rocky

Rocky
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are many companies that provide print services including T-shirts and other things. Where are you based? If you ask the customer to select the design then send the T-shirt for print and then ship it to the customer that would involve lot of time and freight costs. Have you thought about that?

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

You could have a look at services such as http://www.cafepress.com/ and http://www.zazzle.com. They allow you to sell T-shirts on your site, they then print the products and ship the order to the customer.

Other options to consider would be to become an affiliate for an existing company and sell their products on your site in return for a sales commission. Something like http://www.bustedtees.com/affiliates might work for you.

4. lola

lola
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi, than you for reply, I am located in South Florida. I thought there are out there wholesale companies that do that for a reasonable price.

Do you think the better option would be receive the order and have the t-shirt printed in one of the companies in the town? How does it work then if you are receiving for and example one day 50 orders, another day only 5...etc, how you process order then without having inventory?

5. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

lola I'd suggest that you start speaking to the various suppliers. Ask them about their costs, minimum order quantities, lead time, if they would mail directly to your customer and anything else of relevance that you can think of. Different suppliers will have different terms and it is by speaking to them that you will understand what they are offering and get a feel as to what they would be like to work with.

Please do let us know if you have any other thoughts or questions.

6. amwarner

amwarner
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Lola,

I was once interested in the T-Shirt business but decided I didn't have enough passion for it. Luckily, I have links to a place where I received all of the information I needed about starting a T-Shirt business. http://www.t-shirtforums.com/.

Through the pages they have there, I'm sure someone answered your question before because I do recall that it was asked by someone when I was interested in this business. Hopefully, that link helps you.

7. rohitkumar

rohitkumar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi lola... I have a friend that also do this type of t-shirt printing business with help of some website or some companies. They provide good services of printing and other types of services. He used the service of bulk t-shirt printing there with good logos and design. You can also get this types of services online. There are so many companies exists that provide these type of designing and printing facilities. With that your problem of printing can be solved easily.

8. lola

lola
    uix_expand uix_collapse

thank you so much for advices Im working on supplier and also trying figure out the process with images. In other words how does it work, what software to use etc

9. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

lola if you are working with a supplier they may be able to tell you, how they want the images, i.e. what computer format they want them in and how you can deliver those images to them.

For specific help in this area, you might consider starting a new thread with your questions in our Web Dev - Website Design, Coding & Hosting section. I realise that your question isn't directly related to web design, but a lot of members who use that section have a good knowledge of graphic design and may be able to answer your question.

10. lola

lola
    uix_expand uix_collapse

thank you for advices, appreciate it very much

11. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Have you made any decision as to the next step you are going to take with your business Lola?

12. crater

crater
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think Cafepress is right for you. No shipping, no inventory just design and promote your designs. There are people making very nice money from Cafepress

13. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Would you happen to have some examples of sites that are doing well with that business model? It certainly sounds appealing and like something that would not be too difficult to get started with.