Primary goal of your website

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by jwhitakr, Jun 19, 2009.

?

Of those people that do own websites, what is the primary goal of the site?

1. Make money

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Education others

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Have fun / personal enjoyment

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. Meet new people

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. jwhitakr

jwhitakr
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Of those people that do own websites, what is the primary goal of the site? I am guessing that most people will say "make money" and that'll be the #1 choice.

2. Norrad

Norrad
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well I first got into Web Development for fun, but now I do it to make money. Only 2 of my sites are purely up for informational purposes, the rest are there for profit.

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I would like to make money from my sites, but it is more of a long term goal and it is not my primary goal. My basis for saying that it is not my primary goal is that when deciding what type of site to spend my time on my criteria are based on how helpful it will be to others and how much I will enjoy working on it.

For example, I really believe that I could make more money by spending my time building and promoting a paid niche directory or a niche content site than I will from working on a personal success and business forum. I chose to focus on Business Advice Forum because in my opinion it will be more helpful to others and I enjoy it more.

I do enjoy meeting and getting to know new people online, but I don't include this as a major goal for setting up my own sites, because it can be done just as easily on other forums and social networking sites.

My goals in order of importance would be;

1. Education others
    2. Have fun / personal enjoyment
    3. Make money
    4. Meet new people.