Pricing

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by 50Cent, Mar 8, 2014.

1. 50Cent

50Cent
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Every freelance designer will have their fix price to quote customers when comes to job offers. And customers who approached designers to do stuffs some do have budget while some do not have and willing to pay the price that the designer quoted for the quality and profession.

My Question: For customers who has a budget would you lower your price to match it budget and still give your 100% in the job?

2. Business Attorney

Business Attorney
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I'm not a designer but I would suggest that if a designer can't put their best effort into a job because of budget limitations, they should just pass on the job. Producing a mediocre product can hurt you more than the inadequate fees can help you.

3. Ivana B.

Ivana B.
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Give your 100% every time...WHY? Think of the referrals you can get :)

4. lomey

lomey
    uix_expand uix_collapse

not possible at all for full time web designers. This can be done by you, because it happens to be your work.

5. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I agree with Ivana, you should give 100% every time. However, "100%" refers to the amount of effort you put into the job, not the job itself. To a certain extent, you can adjust your pricing if necessary, my company has done it. But with web design, there may be certain features of a website that would take more work, and would therefore be more expensive. You would then negotiate with the client, telling them, "If you want this feature, it would cost more, but for the budget you have, I can do this", designing the website the client can afford, and being honest about what is, and is not, possible.
    I am confused about lomey's comment, that it is "not possible at all for full-time web designers", but it is possible for someone "because it happens to be your work". If someone is a full-time web designer, isn't designing websites their work?