Price Comparison Site - Marketing?

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by Umair, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Umair

Umair
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey Guys! I have a client from Nigeria. His site is about doing price comparisons of different products available from different eshops, online markets and the shops in the malls of Nigeria.
    Site is just like a scratch contains very few or you can so no comparisons. So their is nothing much for the users thats why I have set up a message that this site is not open for general public.
    Should I go for link building when now user will not find what it is looking for on the site or rather I should try link building from a different perspective for example I do blog commenting but I will only add value to the blog post and will not say something about my product but I will do post link with my comment so that I can make a brand name and in a way I will introduce my site to my audience or I should directly use social media for the introduction of my site.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Umair you say that there is a notice on the site stating "that this site is not open for general public". When do you expect it will be ready for the general public?

Personally I've been quite impatient in the past with stuff like that and I had a habit of starting to promote a site as soon as it was built. But the truth is that's not the best way to go about it. It's generally advisable not to start promoting a site until it is fully ready and in a fit state to create a strong positive impression on visitors. If you promote a site before it is ready, your initial visitors will not be impressed with what they see, they will be unlikely to return to your site and it could have a negative effect the site's reputation.

3. Umair

Umair
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well I have same thoughts that it would be harmful but I am as impatient as you were. What I am trying is to inform the targeted visitors that such site is going to be launched so I can put the site of the name in their sub conscious. Do you think press releases will do the job or I should inform only my network that right now I am working on this site and soon I will launch it.
    The site will launch within month I am just working on onsite and putting content where needed.

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

That can actually work really well, it makes your potential visitors interested in what will be launched and can build an air of expectation and excitement. When you put up a notice on your site, I'd suggest that you include a form and ask visitors to enter their email address so that you can notify them when the site is launched. The email list will be very helpful in generating quality traffic, once you do actually launch.

Personally I'd recommend both, send out some press releases and inform your personal network.

5. Umair

Umair
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The site is for the general nigerian public and will help them to find the low prices while they are going out for shopping. I have only handled western clients like from US and UK and it is the first time i am going into African side. Is there any special suggestion, advice one would like to give regarding promotion of site in Africa. :)