press release

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by beatyourprice, Mar 19, 2010.

1. beatyourprice

beatyourprice
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What are the biggest press release sites

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

The online press release service that I have heard most about is http://www.prweb.com/, I haven't used them myself so I can't personally recommend them.

I have previously used the press release service provided by http://www.off-site-seo.co.uk/. Their service was excellent and the quality of the press release that they wrote for me, surpassed all of my expectations. It's not a very well known service, but based on my previous experience, I'd highly recommend them.

3. btsuccess

btsuccess
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, prweb.com is one of the most reputable companies.
    If your budget lets you, you can buy the package for $200 – it will allow you to choose the anchor text in your links that you wish.

4. facerecpromo

facerecpromo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

5. youngkia1

youngkia1
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Me too. I've been using all the free pr site. It give benefits on me and on my site as well. But i have one thing that don't understand fully. There are some pr site asking for a reciprocal link. I'm not familiar with reciprocal link, this is the things that i need to learn more. Can anyone suggest or explain what reciprocal link is? what is the significance or importance to your site or press release content? Any reply is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

6. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

youngkia1 by asking for a reciprocal link, those sites are asking you to place a link from your site to theirs, in return for the free service they are providing to you. When sites link to the press release website, that gives them publicity and helps their search engine rankings.

7. youngkia1

youngkia1
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Oh i see.. That's is why they called it "reciprocal" because it is literally reciprocal correct? Now i know. So whenever you put a reciprocal link your site gain rank at the same time your reciprocal link gain as well. Did the reciprocal recipient pay for that?

8. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

When someone links to your site, that generally helps your search engine listings. Placing a link from your site to another site, doesn't help your site very much. People don't normally pay for reciprocal links, they are generally done as link exchanges. In other words, A links to be and B reciprocates the link by linking back to A.

9. youngkia1

youngkia1
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Ahh ok. Thank you for that stunningly insightful post. It gives me a clear understanding of reciprocal links. i have another question. How about the black hat and white hat? I've heard of that but not sure what it is all about. what does is mean? I just want to learn more. :)

10. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Please refer to gtt's post here for more info on this topic..