Presenting a product idea to a large company...

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by clifborder4fm, Nov 6, 2011.

1. clifborder4fm

clifborder4fm
    uix_expand uix_collapse

hey guys so I am in Europe and my girlfriends dad is part of a small business back in the U.S. and he wanted me to present a product that he sells to large companies over here where I am. I have 2 issues:

1) How do I set up a meeting with a large company? How do I get them to notice me? I can't just walk in and say "Hi I represent "so and so" company and I was wanting to present an idea to your superiors, is there a time in which I could set up a meeting?" can I?

2) The second issue (which might be a positive) is that I don't speak the language of the country I am in very well at all. I was thinking that this would be a positive because I wouldn't be just another local trying to sell a product n get rich (which I sort of am)... So you guys think I should stick with the English or try to throw in as much of the language as I know?

Thanks for the info guys.

2. audioenhancer44

audioenhancer44
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Before the presentation, ask the right questions. Gather the information you need about the challenges the company is facing by asking questions. Get the executives/interviewers talking about their challenges and the issues they are having because you are not there. Find out what they want and then show them how you can help them get it.

product design process