Presentation

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by r5nerge, Sep 12, 2013.

1. r5nerge

r5nerge
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,

I thought this would be a relevant forum for me to ask this question, I've been lurking without posting for some time and now am in need of a little advice!

I have an interview for an marketing exec job, it's something I really want to do and they've asked me to prepare a presentation for my interiview which is next week. What they've asked me to do is prepare a presentation no more than 1 page of a4 paper on how to launch and promote a new product for their company. What I've planned on doing was listing and going in depth on the methods I know for example; social media, press releases, email marketing, exhibitions etc. I was wandering if anybody here has had to do anything similar and could give me some advice on how to WOW them as this would be a great job for me.

Regards,
    r5nerge

2. Changed Creation

Changed Creation
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Hi r5nerge
    The only way to Wow them is build a case through your presentation in which you say/show/illustrate that you offer the value they are looking for and more. So figure out what their hot buttons are, and then present what you do differently to their emotions. Their money will flow to whoever gives them a presentation of higher perceived value and a lot of that value is emotional. So when you think of phrasing your offerings, phrase them using the emotional words that they are trying to avoid, because people do more to avoid pain than get pleasure. Hope this helps:)

3. AnushaJain

AnushaJain
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi r5nerge :) Welcome to BAF community.

I just want to say that you may just promote the product even by google adense,you may put the ads on the blogs and websites and people will definitely visit the sites, so you product is well promoted.

4. r5nerge

r5nerge
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for the replies.

I will use emotional words when presenting, I'm just unsure on the format have never really done any launch presentations before for physical products.

5. Constantin

Constantin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What kind of products do they sell?

6. r5nerge

r5nerge
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Childrens toys, in the 2-5 year old range. They want me to plan everything including timescale which for a physical product I haven't had the experience but should be able to make a good guess at how long it will take.

7. Constantin

Constantin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I can tell you what I would do and, maybe, you can find something helpful in there :).

I would build a case study:

1. Theoretically, for launching the product I would look for a local or national event (depending on the size of the company and the area they are targeting) that has a similar theme organize an event, if the budget allows that. I would invite relevant contacts or VIPs to that event (clients / distributors, if other companies distribute your product, representatives from charities protecting children rights, as it would help your image, VIPs that have children 2 to 5 years old etc.). I would also try to convince the event organisers to add information about this "big launch" on the event's web page, brochures they may use to promote themselves, social media channels etc.

2. I would start announcing and promoting the launch of the product on my own website and social media platforms that I use 2 to 4 weeks before the event, as well as in the relevant newspapers and magazines, if I have the budget.

3. I would supervise the design and print of the marketing materials necessary for the day of the event and after (brochures, leaflets (flyers), business cards) and make sure that they are ready in time. The event should be a good occasion to get more leads and let people know about the company and its products.

4. The after event actions would include contacting distributors or other type of resellers and let them know about the new product. If the company does direct sales, then it may be a good idea to contact nurseries or other similar organisations and ask them to pass a leaflet to every parent on my behalf (I would consider donating a percent of the sales or a fix amount in return - this is a common practice in UK if the toy offers other benefits to children: it helps the learning process, prevents some diseases in the case of the chewing toys, for example, etc.). Of course, I would keep promoting on my website, social media platforms, lists (if available), exhibitions, newspapers and other media channels, if possible, etc.

The product should have primary strong, positive point that has to be associated to its image and be mentioned every time I'd have the occasion to do so, during the marketing campaigns, as well as several secondary positive features that would be mentioned from time to time, whenever necessary.

This is what came to mind, so far :).

• Like Like x 1