Preferred mailing list e-mail service...?

Discussion in 'Making Money Online' started by heavensslave, Jan 25, 2013.

1. heavensslave

heavensslave
    uix_expand uix_collapse

We need to find a simple and easy service that will let us click one button and be instantly able to save a new contact and let us categorize it there. Like old-school Hotmail did. We want to be able to send many emails at once without it going into the spam folder. Being able to set up scheduled e-mails & auto delivery is a must. We don't care if this is a paid service. We also want a way for people to sign up for the newsletter or what have you & we can send it out TO SUBSCRIBERS en masse. (Not spamming- only subscribers would get such mailings.) We need a very easy program as we are very non-techy.

ListServ, MailChimp, Constant Contact, CampaignMonitor have all been suggested. I've been messing around in the free MailChimp for a few days before I realized that does not include AutoResponding. What suggestions do you all have? Thanks for any help.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

3. WorkWithMorgan

WorkWithMorgan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I use Aweber & GVO.

I do like Aweber's interface a more though.

• Like Like x 1
  4. heavensslave

heavensslave
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for the suggestions!

Basically, SendFree just look like it had one month free service & then 19.95/mo thereafter.

Aweber is also the same price.

Bravenet doesn't seem to have autoresponse & mail scheduling in the free service.

At first, I had ruled out ConstantContact but if I remember correctly, it was only $10/mo which may be within my budget.

Any other ideas, anyone?

5. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Another option to consider is http://www.verticalresponse.com/. They charge you based on the number of emails you send, rather than a monthly fee. I've purchased some credits from them, because they integrate very well with our vBulletin forum software, however I haven't actually used them yet.

6. heavensslave

heavensslave
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for the help so far- regarding the free MailChimp- does it allow pre-scheduling e-mails or even better, automatically scheduling them in response to an initial sign-up?

Also, I have been looking at http://www.benchmarkemail.com/FreeEdition -Is there a way to enter ones Contacts any other way than through one's On-Site sign-up link?

7. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

You could probably ask them that directly at their support page.

8. watshelly

watshelly
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can give Comm100 a try. It can both send auto-response to subscribers and unsubscribers at the points set by you.

9. kyisama

kyisama
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm using MailChimp so I may be bias, but choose the service with the features you're looking for.

10. SoftDev

SoftDev
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I use getresponse, its cheap and fast. You can also setup your own newsletter/autoresponder solution with Interspire email marketer script.