Pre-Employment Background Checks

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by amandaperry00, Nov 13, 2014.

1. amandaperry00

amandaperry00
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Are you also a business owners? I am looking for applicants for my clothing business and thinking to do a pre-employment background checks. This is my very first business that's why I really want it to be successful so I want an employee who are loyal and trusted when it comes to money. Can you guys help me how to conduct pre-employment background checks? Is there any free online background checks, I am starting to do it at govpublicaccess.com and still looking for others background check online sites.

2. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can use the different social media and professional networking sites these days like LinkedIn. There you can see a quick overview of the works / employment background of the person.

You can try asking for character references or calling their previous companies to learn more about their work ethic, etc. This is usually normal for businesses as they want to ensure the loyalty as well as confidentiality of the tasks that the business will start working on.

3. webdesignphx

webdesignphx
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are local companies that do drug testing and background check for your employees. They charge a fee obviously but it is worth it. Companies like this: http://www.universalbackground.com/

Good luck!