PRAYER - The best vitamins for business

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by $Tycoon$, Feb 17, 2008.

1. $Tycoon$

$Tycoon$
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Do you guys pray? I assure you, if you pray wholeheartedly with your heart, your business will get into new heights.

What's your opinion in this? Care to share your life stories on prayer?

2. tudge

tudge
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes I agreed with you.

I am a Muslim and We pray 5 times daily.... Only Allah The AlMighty can help us when we are in trouble,coz He is our Creator,so He knows what's best for His creation (us).

3. CEO Smith

CEO Smith
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hmmmm, so you're a muslim... what's your personal business success story with your experience in your religion??

4. tudge

tudge
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, I am a muslim and I am proud to be one! :)

Anyways, our beloved prophet has mentioned in one of his sayings that, '9/10 source of income comes from business..'

During my college days, Thanks to God, I am financially stable without having to burden my parents. I was active in a few small offline biz but one of the major one is selling cristals and pearls accessories to students and cafe owners. With small start up cost, I was able to triple the amount just by selling my pearls.

The more u give the more u get. I am able to help few friends of mine who are a lil bit unlucky,by lending them my money. So i believe that when u want more money, u just have to do some charity.

But for online biz, I am still in short of money, thats why i have to find fund first, then only buy my own website and start selling.

I really need advice from you guys though.

well thats my simple story.What about u guys?

5. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I've often heard and read that if you want to get, the first thing you have to do is to give. Do you really believe that? I agree that giving has tremendous benefits for not only the receiver but also the giver. However, it is difficult to comprehend the concept that you will get more of something by giving it away.

I suppose prayer takes many forms across different religious and social beliefs. For some people it is mediating on a particular problems and for others it is petitioning for help for oneself or for others. Some people also say that Psychology fills the gap in many peoples' lives, who don't pray. Because it allows them to think about their problems, express their difficulties and ask for help.

I once read about a very interesting piece of research in this area. It involved getting people to pray for strangers with a particular illness. The researcher then compared the recovery rates of those who were prayed for and those who weren't.

The results concluded that those who had prayers said for them had a better recovery rate. This improvement in recovery happened even though the patients did not know the people praying for them and in fact did not even know that there was anyone praying for them.

6. mark-20

mark-20
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i do not belive in praying for a bissness no dissrespect to anyone but a think what the main things you have to put in to consideration is you have to be devoded, you will need to be well motivated if you want to go big like a company like mcdonalds.it is simple things like planing your next move with a bissness waiting for dips or demands in marketing that are what you need, when a got my first bissness a was practicaley dreaming what a wanted to do with it lol

7. Junroe Inc.

Junroe Inc.
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Agree. Well, you really need to put hardwork + passion into your current business if you're going out there with all the big companies.

8. tudge

tudge
    uix_expand uix_collapse

so you guys mean that, your success and wealth comes from your own intelligence and hard work? and not from God? wow. what a bold statement. I mean, of course we have to plan carefully,put some effort and care into our biz but then again, the last part would be, to pray to God and hope that He will grant us nice income from our biz. After all, He is the one who's arranging our lives', money/wealth comes from Him!

9. paul

paul
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Definitely, Prayers can do wonders. I don't know but what i believe that God/any supreme power is within us. Basically when you pray it really diverts mind and the positive energy is released within yourself and so you gets success if you channelize this to right direction. :)

10. harshads

harshads
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am a hard-worker,I am dedicated to my work.I believe in GOD and always pray to GOD for the success in my business.Prayer gives me energy to do some good work and then I start my daily routine.
    I do my work sincerely and honestly but never expect the return and that is the only thing I follow in my life and it works for me at least.

11. superbike

superbike
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Aha… This thread now becomes a religion discussion. Anyway, people have different opinion on who really decide their business success? They or God. I think nothing to dispute on this. Just respect each others belief.

I personally believe in God and God help me much by giving me the inner strength. The proof is so simple. You can find many rich people but they have no life (sick or whatever). Although I’m not a rich man but I still have God to make my day

12. lokesh05

lokesh05
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Prayer do help us during rainier times, but what it only does is provide a morale supporter and confidence booster! Actually, it's the decisions and sheer luck sometimes, which are the actual vitamins for any business.
    One must have a strong believe in his/her own work and dedication also helps!
    These are the real vitamins!

13. greybell

greybell
    uix_expand uix_collapse

*no hard feelings please :)
    example: a milk man who sells milk - adds 1 litre of water to 3 litres of milk. He argues saying that he has to make his ends meet. Now, the question is can he pray for his business to grow? its a strong NO from me. if he prays then he has to trust God (and God obviously wont ask you to cheat on people).
    The Bible says: "the Lord is my shepherd, i shall not want"
    then can you say "the Lord is my shepherd and so i cheat"?
    "the Lord is my shepherd and so i make my own decisions"?
    I would agree with Mark-20 - "if you want to go big like a company like mcdonalds.it is simple things like planing your next move " very true! Just plan your business well and truthfully and then pray!

14. Nazreen

Nazreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

"God helps those who help themselves" or something like that. This is illustrated clearly from the story below.

I'm a Muslim and we believe in the power of God - same as the Christians and Catholics. We pray 5 times a day to remember and honor God and also to ask for help from God.

15. dahlia84

dahlia84
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For me Work is worship; Hardwork is God. I am not an atheist by the way! :p

16. greybell

greybell
    uix_expand uix_collapse

** it is nt nice to put down another religion when we are trying to communicate meaning for a better cause.

I think some people have got me wrong on my previous post.
    I did not say that we should not use our common and we should blame God for everything that happens in our life.
    I said that if you are fair in whatever you are doing (business to be specific to the topic) then you can pray that God makes it better.

17. upineter

upineter
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I M Muslim, yes religion is the best vitamin for business. Religion as inspiration to start business. I do rebuild my business on 3.30 AM after pray to god. I feel peace and more inspiration come. When I retired with my work, religion make my spirit come. Yes, I agree with the starter this post. Religion is the best vitamins.

18. prettysue

prettysue
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I believe in God. I believe that He is the source of everything. Praying for your business everyday is a must if you want God to bless it. This is granting that your business is inline with God's laws.

I would like to glorify Him in everything I do be it in business, work, church activities and many other activities that I get involve with.