PR $$

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Joel, Jun 30, 2011.

1. Joel

Joel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

OK, I want to know, from your experience, how much do you think PR2, PR4 and PR6 sites are worth (each)? I might be doing a big investment on them soon:)

2. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

you mean the domain name only or the website?
    Normally people buying website will check on the traffic too
    For the expire domain with PR, it is just wasting money

• Like Like x 1
  3. Joel

Joel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The domain only.

4. karoshio

karoshio
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Even being just the domain it really depends on what the domain is(what kind of site it would match). Also I honestly don't think any domain or website can be priced as many others say, it's worth a different price to everyone.

Sorry I wasn't that helpful but I'm just thinking whatever you do decide to buy if you do the same PR will most definitely have a large range of prices people want.

5. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Don't we have any domain appraisers here?

6. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Personally I wouldn't value a domain based in its PR. It could lose that PR just after you bought it, plus Google will sometimes penalise domains if they suddenly change from being one type of site to another. For example, BAF has built up it's links because we are a quality business forum. If we suddenly changed to a directory selling text links, it is quite likely that Google would penalise us.

In summary, I would value a domain based on how good of a domain it is and it's TLD, rather than considering it's PR.

• Like Like x 1
  7. JPM

JPM
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Fergal, What about if you decided to add a directory to BAF, would that impact the PR?

8. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Normally only link seller will buy an expire domain with high PR, some of them is tracking all the backlink, build up a same niche content and same number of backlink before the next google PR update, and some of them is just trying to "cheat" the link buyer
    Not suggest to buy expire domain with high PR unless you are plan to sell link. Also, i wish you are not the second type of person :)

9. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I agree with Fergal, I wouldn't recommend buying domains based on their PR. If you are looking for domains for your own business, I would purchase them based on whether or not they fit the type of business I have. On the other hand, if you are buying these domains in order to "flip" them ,the same principle would apply to the person or business that you sell them to.
    Who knows? Someone who buys a domain with a website that has a PR2 may redesign the website, optimize it for the search engines, use the proper strategy for linking, and increase the search engine rankings for the site, thereby increasing the PR as well.

Putting too much emphasis on PR has been mentioned several times before, in other threads. The most important qualification is whether a domain name fits the business of the person who ultimately winds up owning it.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

That shouldn't have a negative impact as it would be a relevant addition to the site with its own URLs. It's actually something we may do in the future.

11. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree that it doesnt really a matter even though it add as inner page

12. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Very true here. Most of the guys who call themselves "experts". They even put this in the heads of newbies that try to learn the basics of blogging etc.
    I'll just stop there. If I continue this, I might derail the thread...

13. Joel

Joel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Ok, i see i see. No i am not trying to cheat anyone. Just curious. Anyway, thanks.

14. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

By the way, PR is not that important. better focus on SERP

15. Joel

Joel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

SERP? What's that? And i thought PR is the most important in SEO? People always look on PR before anything else really.

16. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

SERP - Search Engine Results Page.
    It basically reflects your position on search engines based on your target keywords. Read more here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Search_engine_results_page

17. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Check out both my previous post and GekiDan's post. PR is not as important as some people may lead you to believe. Sigma is correct, SERP, which stands for Search Engine Results Pages, is more important. In other words, when people search phrases related to a particular site, where does that site show up in the rankings. For example, a company that sells bicycles might want their site, with the domain name "MyBikeSource.com", to show up very high in the rankings for the phrase "purchase bicycles online". If they concentrate on using the proper methods to get their site ranked, they could be ranked higher than a site that is a PR4, even though their site is a PR3.

18. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

People talk about seo majority focus on serp (search engine result page), mean your keyword ranking on google search result page.

19. Jerlene

Jerlene
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Depends on where the links are coming from. If you buy a PR5 website, which isn't hard to obtain, and all of their links are from forum signatures, what's to stop them from removing the link from their signatures?
    What if the links are of low quality?
    What if they don't meet Google's new algorithm?
    You could lose the PR then you're stuck with a useless domain.

20. Hulbert Lee

Hulbert Lee
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It really depends on how much traffic they are getting. I think that's more important than the PR of the site because that's the most important factor for monetization.