PR and number of visitors?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by lukepedru, Jun 8, 2010.

1. lukepedru

lukepedru
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Could anyone help me out in answering this query? Between PR and the number of visitors, what is the relation? Since the entire PR comes basically from the backlinks and their quality, somewhere I had read that they are not related. Somewhere else, the opinion I came across was that since small numbers of visitors are not significant, the PR depends on the number of visitors.

My company website has low number of visitors and even though the number of backlinks is high, the PR still is at 0. Is my PR low because of low traffic?

2. DavidL

DavidL
    uix_expand uix_collapse

PR is determined by the quality of backlinks (with a few other small factors), where as the number of visitors is dependent on having links out there to let people know. Although you won't get a higher PR due to traffic, they are somewhat related, that for you to get a lot of traffic through one link, there is every chance that this is a high PR website and so in turn has some relevance, but indirect.

Your PR is low because it the website has been created after the PR update, OR, you have not any quality backlinks or many backlinks.

3. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There's no relation between traffic and Page Rank.
    Page Rank depends on the number of quality of backlinks your site or page have. It doesn't matter if it have or don't have lots of visitors.
    Anthough there's a relation between backlink and traffic, wherein each backlink can get visitors depending on where it is placed.

4. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Traffic wouldnt affect the PR but PR is indirectly affect the traffic. Why i say that is because backlink is the factor of affecting PR and also the SERP. Mean that if you have enough quality baclink, it help to give you good PR. At the same times, it will helps on your SERP too which is one of the major factor to generate natural traffic