post for posts

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by divyun, Jun 28, 2008.

1. divyun

divyun
    uix_expand uix_collapse

well this is a new idea that came to my mind. it is posts exchange. i don't know whether such idea exists.
    the idea is that you post or pay somebody to post on your web-site[forum] or do some stuff for you.
    i want to keep it free and simple. i have started the work at http://divyun.com/postforposts. any more ideas and can anyone help me with this.

2. Nazreen

Nazreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is the first time that I ever heard of Posts Exchange.

I would suggest the following:
    • In order for your site's traffic to increase, I guess that best way is to post your links and advertise in the many different forums out there like what you did here in the Business Advice Forum.
    • It would be good if you put more classes. So far, I only see Science, Internet and Computers. There might be Forums that can be classified as General, Business, etc.

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I've believed for sometime that there is a good market for a quality post exchange site running on a strong brandable domain name. If you are serious about running this type of service I would suggest that you put the site on a stand alone domain. This will give it a greater chance of success.

4. divyun

divyun
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well this is new and i am really happy about such an idea.
    @nazreen- it is just a demo site. i put this for getting a review. still, thanks for your interest.
    @fergal- well i'll surely try to get a domain for this.

@all- i have been trying to get people post on my site aliengang.com but i want something new to get faster. so after thinking a lot i got this idea. just need some more suggestions. and if you wanna help please let me know. more people= more help= great site.[this doesn't goes always]

5. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I like your concept. If you want to work through this, you may want to get a better domain. Best of Luck! :)

6. chica

chica
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think this concept would work. It would allow for posts to branch out. Both websites would gain. This would draw a lot of people into this. My only suggestion would be to get a domain, but I see it has previously been mentioned in the above posts. Best of Luck! =)

7. JPolito830

JPolito830
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I dont see why this wouldnt work. Seems like a good idea, and hope you get some positive feedback!

8. Nazreen

Nazreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

By the way, how are you going to do the exchange of posts divyun? Would it be in a one post per post basis? For example, I will make one post in Hostbidder and in return, you will post one in BAF. Would a Forum with a higher PR ranking be given more weight or would you let the members negotiate amongst themselves?

9. DEADMAN

DEADMAN
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I don't know how much the concept runs but it is similar with the Points Exchange style with Hostbidder.

You need to post on their forum so that they will post on your yours. You need to have alot of members and you also need to visit many sites so to hit your website.

So, paying is rather simple and is exactly related paid to post. So, I wish you best of luck. And I'm looking forward if this concept works fine or not.

All the best!

10. divyun

divyun
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well thanks for your suggestions guys but i really need to put in hard efforts in it. i am already out of time. i won't get a domain for this until i am really sure that this idea will work. thanks for your interest. well any one who wants help please do come forward and help me bare the lackness of time.
    @Nazreen - i'll let the members negotiate between themselves.

11. ritajones56

ritajones56
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I never heard/thought of this before but I like the idea.