Possible ways to earn $200 or more on the internet

Discussion in 'Business Ideas' started by RestOwner, Nov 17, 2010.

1. RestOwner

RestOwner
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am an employee on a restaurant and I badly need extra income for my expenses. Just wondering is there any possible ways on how to earn more than $200 per week on the internet?

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

RestOwner there are lots of ways to make money on the Internet. Everything from selling services as a freelancer to running an eBay business, from writing articles for others to managing your own blog network, from selling advertising on a content site to running your own hosting company.

The key is to find the way that is right for you. Have a look through the Making Money Online links in our Useful Online Business Resources thread. See if any of the ideas listed there catch your attention and sound like something that might work for you. Then post back with your ideas or questions and we will do our very best to help you and point you in the right direction.

3. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes. It's possible, depending on how often you take online jobs and what type of online jobs you will accepts.
    Like Fergal says, there are many ways. But only some, if not all, of them will work on you since all of them depends on your competence and knowledge on the said job.

I myself, is not earning that large of some money weekly since I rarely take up online work and decided only to take, one job at a time since I have a blog to maintain. And I could only earn that amount or even more at least within a month or two.

4. RestOwner

RestOwner
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In what way can I earn in blogging?

5. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

it may not be good to use affiliate just when you blog about your restaurant :D
    create another niche and apply for CJ, insert some product link to those text in the article and spread the article to some directories.
    and of course you need to spin it a bit.

6. davidmoore

davidmoore
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It is possible but it is not easy. Online jobs and businesses are like working and managing your physical business, it takes a lot of passion, commitment and hard work. Try checking out odesk and elance for some freelance work.

7. livayahurd

livayahurd
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well what i learned from this forum is "do what you love", here i mean you write about what you know best and use adsense with it.

8. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are many way to earn money from internet but it depends on your skill, you gotta know or good in something to get earn money. Nothing is free in the world, and the bigger money you require, the stronger skill are needed

9. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

One way you can earn is by writing blog posts for other blog owners. There are many blog owners who require regular content and will pay other people to write posts for them. http://jobs.problogger.net/ would be a good place to start looking for writing jobs.

If you plan on having your own blog you can earn from various ways such as;
    • Ad networks, e.g. Google Adsense
    • Direct ad sales on your blog
    • Promoting affiliate products
    • Selling paid reviews

As I mentioned in my post above, there are some very helpful links in the Making Money Online links in our Useful Online Business Resources thread - you should find the 0 to 500 a month link particularly useful.

10. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Basically, there are LOTS of ways. But you know, it's easier said than done....
    Well, I think everyone above me already stated them but I may just add the following:

In blogging, to stay long and prevent you from boredom, you need to write about something your love. Your interests and hobbies will be a good start. You can create a blog using Blogger, which is easier to customize than Wordpress.

11. RestOwner

RestOwner
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Reading about your comments on blog makes me think twice as I imagine it would take lot of effort and attention to it but thinking also that cash that I would earn makes me eager to learn this stuff... I would really like to try one but what would be my first step in doing this?

12. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I will tell you, there's no easy money in the internet. It takes a lot of effort and patience to earn from it.
    In blogging, one good starting point it to choose which blogging platform you would like, may it be Blogger or Wordpress.
    Then, think of a niche that you know most. Would it be entertainment, technology or general topic. It all depends on what you know and your interest.
    And after you have made your decision, create unique articles on your blog. Have it indexed by Google and continue what you are doing.

If you still have question, feel free to ask.

13. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Your first step would be to decide on what you want to blog about. Think about your hobbies, work and other interests. What subjects do you have some knowledge of and what do you enjoy writing about. You don't need to have a huge knowledge of the subject in order to start a successful blog on it. If you are upfront and honest with your readers, they will enjoy learning and growing with you.

Do you have any subjects or niches in mind?

14. William King

William King
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It is surely possible but you need to spend a lot of time and your mind to make sure that you will earn and their must be some patience you will not get money write after you do the work don't get so impatient for the money be calm you will earn for sure

15. RestOwner

RestOwner
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I used to write poems way back then but I don't know if I still have the talent to do so, will this be a hit when I start blogging?

16. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Yes, you could obviously start a poetry related blog. What do you have in mind a blog to highlight your own poetry or a blog aimed at other poetry writers?

17. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Fergal is right. You can start a poetry blog wherein you can post your old poems and create new ones that could touch the feelings of your readers.Having different types of poems for different occasions and situations is good. :D

18. RestOwner

RestOwner
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Where am I going to place my poems then? I don't know how to build a website..

19. MsMicaela

MsMicaela
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi RestOwner!

I am going to assume that you are quite new at making money online. Let's give you some basic lessons.

Lesson#1
    2 basic types of working online:
    1. Sell a product
    2. Sell a service

Selling a product.

If you don't have your own product to market then your best bet is through affiliate programs. If you can write and blog then this could work for you.
    Affiliate marketing works like this. Let's say your restaurant is a blog. You have a friend who sells frozen apple-pies but does not have a client base and cannot afford to advertise. If your restaurant is well known you can make an arrangement with her and offer to feature her pies for a period of time and for every pie sold, you get a small commission.
    If you have a blog, you can advertise products there and for every person who purchases said product, there's money in the bank.
    There's a more technical side to it but let's not get into that yet.
    You can usually find products to sell on Amazon.com or eBay.

What works:
    If you can get good traffic* to your site you can bet you'll have a decent paycheck by the end of the month. As long as you have quality content and your traffic is converting to sales then all is good.

*traffic= number of people who actually go into your site and stay for a period of time.

What doesn't work:
    Creating just one blog and letting it sit expecting to make money. If your blog is poorly made and not well thought of then people will be inclined to leave just as soon as they get there. They will not bother even taking a look at your products. I'm pretty sure your Restaurant has great ambiance or decor as well :). You might even want to consider making more than one and advertising your blogs.

Selling a service.

If you're not too keen in selling products online then you can become a Virtual Assistant. A Virtual Assistant is someone basically knowledgeable in various internet skills.

If you can:

Write
    -there is a big market for selling quality articles based on specific topics. 350 to 500 word articles can go anywhere from $2 to $7 each depending on how difficult the topic is. As long as you can do research and are good at putting a few paragraphs together then you should do fine. Perfect for prolific writers who can do a few articles a day.

-you can also earn by being a blog commentor or forums poster. Yes, some people get paid writing in forums such as these! This needs to be combined with SEO (search engine optimization) though in order to be truly effective.

Make digital art
    -another big market is for people who can use image manipulating software like Adobe Photoshop, Imageready and others. Websites pay premium for creative graphic designs because in essence a website's look will determine whether a person will want to look further into it or not. Price can be anywhere from $50 to $500 per project.

Talk geek
    -can you do HTML, PHP, SQL and other codes? I personally can't! Haha. But if you can there's another great market for web builders and developers. I won't even get into that because I might mess up the tech speak. :p Monthly salary or project based.

Be repetitive
    -can you use MS Office especially MS Excel? A lot of companies usually do not have the time to do data entry tasks and outsource them to people who are willing to. It's very easy to do, just copy an entry from a file they sent and paste it into a more organized file you're asked to make. Simple? Yes. But data collections are usually a minimum of 1000 entries to organize and since it's quite easy to do pay is at a minimum. Great if you're looking for a small side income. You can take multiple projects and ask your family to help out. $10-$100 per project

There are many other tasks that people pay for online but these are usually what comes to mind.

For Virtual Assistant tasks you can advertise your services at oDesk.com or LimeExchange. There are a few other sites as well. Once you've gotten better you can choose to advertise on your own so that your pay goes directly to you.

Please do not make the mistake in thinking that you can get right online overnight. Some new people do this and get disheartened because they didn't get results they want in as little as a week. Like every other job this should be taken seriously and you should allow the seeds you plant to ripen into fruit and there is no magic fertilizer like in Farmville to do that for you.

Hope this helps and please let us know what you decide on.

Best,

Kayla

20. MsMicaela

MsMicaela
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You don't need to host your own website. You can start by using Blogger.com or one of the more popular ones: Wordpress. All you need is to make sure your layout is eyecatching. Insert a few relevant or artistic images here and there and provide quality material. That should be good for a start.