Positivity, Law of Attraction and The Secret

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by Arcaign, Feb 1, 2011.

1. Arcaign

Arcaign
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have recently felt as though a switch was thrown in me that is propelling me foward in my quest to build my business. This switch has unleashed a feeling of empowerment... An unstoppable confidence that has me saying YES I will be successful, I will live my dream and nothing is going to stop me. I feel like I'm on the warpath of self improvement and learning success in any practical way possible.

We have all heard of The Secrect and the laws of attraction. Release the positive energy into the universe and reap the rewards as a result.

I'm curious as to how many of the successful people in this community believe in this, practice it and feel it has played a role in your life.

There is no denying that positivity creates action which creates success, but for this "Secret" to be passed down from generation to generation and preach by some of the worlds foremost experts, do you feel there is validity to it?

I feel we will get a lot of great insight from this topic.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I'm happy to hear that you've turned a corner Arcaign. What do you feel has lead to the turning of that switch?

I haven't read "The Secret", however I do believe in the importance of positive thinking - what we predominantly think about, shapes our words and behaviour and hence it determines our outcomes, i.e. the results we achieve.

When we are focused on something we are more likely to see opportunities that will help us achieve the thing we want. If we are positive we are more likely to see positive options and when we are negative we are more likely to look at the negative side of every situation. It's the old story of how you suddenly notice how many cars there are of a certain make and model, after you have purchased a car of that make and model yourself.

Belief is also very important and it is vital that we really believe, in other words that we don't just pay lip service to our belief but instead truly believe in our heart of hearts that we can achieve whatever it is we want. It's just too difficult to motivate ourselves, especially when we have the inevitable set backs, if we don't really and truly believe that we can achieve whatever it is we are working towards.

Some people take the theory to extreme, they believe that they will attract whatever they focus on, just by believing they will achieve their goal. In my opinion, nothing happens without action and it can be dangerous to go round thinking that you will get something, just because you believe it will happen.

For me the process is:

1. Know what you want
    2. Believe that you can get it
    3. Put a plan of action in place to get it
    4. Start implementing those action steps
    5. Evaluate the results you are achieving - i.e. whether or not your actions are bringing you closer to getting what you want
    6. Re-adjust your plan of action, if you are not moving towards your goal. If you are moving towards your goal, just keep going
    7. Start at number 4 again and repeat until you get what you want.

Easier said than done :)

3. jelie3110

jelie3110
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have read both The Secret by Rhonda White and The key to living the laws of attraction by Jack Canfield. I do believe in the fact that positive people tend to attract positive things into their lives and vice versa. Two years ago I lived in a not so nice neighborhood in a small home that I wasn't really happy with and after reading the secret I decided to do what is suggested in the book, make a wishboard. A wish board is quite simply a collage of your dreams and desires, my wishboard had a big beautiful home, a happy marriage,a dog and a list of other things. I put it on the wall in my bathroom and every morning when I got ready for work I would take a moment and study my wishboard and tell myself " I will achieve all those things. Two years later here I am, sitting in my dreamhome, with my little Lhasa apso dog sleeping next to me waiting for my wonderful husband of six months to come home from work. The wishboard isn't magic, it simply keeps you focused on your goals by visualizing them every day how can you possibly forget what it is you are working towards. Tomorrow I am making a new wishboard with new goals, one of my friends is on her third one:)

4. Arcaign

Arcaign
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Fergal, I wish I could tell you what caused this sudden change in me... Perhaps it was just my time? I do agree with you however. Simply wishing for something and envisioning it happening isn't enough. It is action that helps things come to fruition and a direct focus on what needs to be done in order to achieve that specific goal.

Jelie, I am happy to here that life turned for the better for you, but what action did you take beyond the wishboard that help you achieve your goals? I mentioned above that perhaps it was my time and the reason why I say it again is becuase I tried to watch The Secret a few years ago, then again about a year ago I tried to read the book, and I just couldn't get into it. I think the whole you attracted cancer mentality was a little to "yeah... riiiight" for me. But last night, I watched a bit of it... Just the first 20 minutes of it, and for some reason it resonated within me and I was able to listen to it with an open mind and understand further the message they were trying to instill.

I'm not saying I fully and completely give myself to the concepts and message The Secret is trying to pass on, but I do believe that there is something to the laws of attraction that helps us attain what we want.

Take me for example. I have been working for 2 years to put together my own golfing apparel company. In the start I had no clue what was involved, but that didn't stop me from education myself and learning what needed to be done. The drive I have is a result of my passion and its that passion that helps me keep focus on what I need to do in order to bring my dreams to reality. Even if I don't know what to do and there are set backs, it doesn't stop me from learning and then doing. (never focus on the problem... Focus on the solution)

Passion and positive thinking go hand in hand. Combined, they form a confidence and determination that helps us steer the course and keep focused on our goals and dreams which helps our attraction.

5. jelie3110

jelie3110
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You are absolutely right, I think the wishboard just helped me stay focused on my goals. Some people just have that ability naturally and others, like me needs a little help and encouragement to do that LOL. It sounds to me like you have a huge drive to succeed and I know you will, how can you not with a great outlook like that. what are you doing to market your product?

6. Arcaign

Arcaign
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Right now we are in the testing phase but once we start we will have to start small and keep it to social media marketing, Internet practices and word of mouth as we lost most if our capital. (a small set back)

We are always open to other suggestions and feedback that helps us grow.