Pls Help Me Pick a Blog Domain Name

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by Fergal, Mar 8, 2008.

1. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I will soon be starting a blog where the main content will be small business and personal success tips. Please suggest which of the three domains listed below you think would be best suited to the blog and give your reasons why.
    1. BusinessAdviceForum.com/blog
    2. DiscussBusiness.com
    3. FergalCrawley.com
    Many thanks!

2. harshads

harshads
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would choose the second option i.e. DiscussBusiness.com
    I like this domain name compared to other names.
    Reason:
    DiscussBusiness suggests that the blog is related to business so more visitors may come to your blog.I won't choose first one because your new blog will not get enough traffic because it is attached with this site and tendency of people is like...if we are getting all information on the forum then what is the need to go for blog and so on.

I won't choose 3rd option because it will be more related to your personal niche not to the business related.You can use it for different purpose by keeping it intact.

Discuss business would be great and unique name to drive the traffic on your way and you will get good resell value in the future if you want to sell it to someone.It's my opinion about the selection of domain name,I hope you will appreciate it.

Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks for your reply harshads. Some great points there that I will give serious consideration to.

4. pendelton

pendelton
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I like #2 also. It does have a better ring to it.

5. BlueEew

BlueEew
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If it is to go with this forum. I would suggest adding /blog. However as there is no website and the domain states forum in. I would have to say FergalCrawley.

6. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks everyone for your replies. I'm still considering my options.

7. deadlychaos25

deadlychaos25
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Sorry but i didn't like any of 3 domains.Let me show you how

1> BusinessAdviceForum.com/blog - You can't go with this URL because you are giving tips and not having the site related to this forum.

2> DiscussBusiness.com - This domain it is not suitable for you, let me show you how - As you said you are going to have small business and personal success tips so you are giving the information but not taking others response which cannot be said as a discussion.Dicussion is a two way process which doesn't apply in your condition so Dicussbusiness don't qualify for me .

3> FergalCrawley.com - Well this can be the domain for you as you are giving your personal tips your name will be fine.But yes it will just be fine not perfect as the domain is not related to its niche.

Note: If you are having only this 3 domain then i recommend you FergalCrawley.com but i also recommend you to have a other domain if it is possible for you as i said in my first line that i dont like any of this domains :(.FergalCrawley.com is just a suggestion if you are having only this domains.

P.S - Sorry if i said anything wrong :)

Hope you find my answer helpful for your blog :)

#7 deadlychaos25, Mar 16, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2008
  8. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I've decided to use DiscussBusiness.com, thanks everyone for your suggestions and feedback.

9. rachael24

rachael24
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Good for you...I was actually thinking number 2 also. Good luck with everything on the site!

10. Schwabe

Schwabe
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I like it.

We must have similar minds, my blog is NerdBusiness.com. I was in the same boat a few months ago while brainstorming brand image and an available domain. I'm sure it took you a while to find DiscussBusiness.com which is a great domain btw.

11. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks Schwabe, that's a great domain and a nice blog you have there. Some great Diggs on your posts, good luck with it.

12. lokesh05

lokesh05
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i think option of BusinessAdviceForum.com/blog is just fine!
    it will not only provide users with the blog for tips etc, they will be a part of BAF community
    and would give them with a great range of options (blog+ forum). also, it will be easier on their part to remember it and link with it! (internet + mentally + emotionally)!
    it may help increase forum traffic and loyal users too!