Please tell me some good examples of business decisions

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by Peterbu, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Peterbu

Peterbu
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would like to do for my diploma thesis multi-attribute decision model for some company. But the problem is that I don't know what kind of decision model should I do. One example to do multi-attribute decision model could be choosing supplier for some company. To make a good choice you need to count a lot of things (quickness of supplier, how cheap is this supplier ... ). Another example could be which ERP system is the best for some company. But the problem is that this two topics have been done in my country this year and I don't like to do the same model.

I would like to hear some your suggestions. I would be very grateful.

2. Peterbu

Peterbu
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Nobody knows? :(

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I did a short research paper in the past as part of a college project, on "Selecting Outsourced Software Partners". My paper looked at decision making models that companies could use to help them select outsourced software developers. Would a topic like that be of interest to you?

4. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

• Like Like x 1
  5. Peterbu

Peterbu
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thank you.

Mark T: I don't find on those two links any example about what should I decide.

Ferga: Your idea is good, yes. But I don't know at the moment which company would like that I do decision model about that.

If you have some other ideas I would be very grateful and I would listen and think about all of them.

6. altcom

altcom
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Instead of thinking what company and what decision model to choose, it is important to understand what is the easier for you to get the following information. I seem lot of my friend half way changing thesis topic due to lack of fact and statistic.

Thesis requirement:
    1. Reference on reliable source or statistic (newspaper, megazine, gov report, public listed company annual report)
    2. Interview company owner
    3. Poll and survey

If you come a better model, same topic is an issue. E.g. Facebook is well establish, but Google still make a decision to push G+, that is because Google think they have better business model.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Okay no problem with that. I'll try to research further and probably help you out in looking for answers. :)
    Count me on that one. :D

Regards,
    Mark T

8. Peterbu

Peterbu
    uix_expand uix_collapse

altcom thank you but i still don't have some good example of decision model :).

Thank you Mark! :)