Please Suggest Keywords for my websites...

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by danemedel, Dec 14, 2012.

1. danemedel

danemedel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi guys, with my previous thread i posted that I am launching a website soon, others are ok but other are still under construction. I just want to get an idea from you guys which best keyword that suit my websites. Here are the websites that we are working on..

http://www.sentector.com
    http://www.abdevlabs.com
    http://www.alasker.com

I want to hire an seo experts but I am also thinking that I want to learn some seo as well so that I know that my websites are on the right track. Can you guys suggest me some best keywords to use for these 3 websites? This is really something new to me since I am a newbies in this field. All suggestions are highly appreciated. I am looking forward to your help. A big thanks in advance :)

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

• Like Like x 2
  3. jackjohan7299

jackjohan7299
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Use Google Webmaster tool for keyword research.Where you can easily get the keywords for your sites.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Leejeong

Leejeong
    uix_expand uix_collapse

• Like Like x 1
  5. danemedel

danemedel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I did use Google keyword tool but I'm confused. Which is the right one to choose? I am not familiar with the low, medium, high competition. What are those for? for the globl searches that i saw in Google keyword tool as well as the local searches. What are those figures for?

6. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Low, Medium, and High Competition will give you an idea of how many of your competitors are vying for each phrase. The High Competition keywords are going to be harder, and/or more expensive, to rank for. The Medium keywords are the most common, and high ranking can be achieved with the proper amount of work. Low Competition keywords are the ones that almost no one is trying to rank for, usually because they get very few searches, although if a high percentage of those who search them convert, they may be worth pursuing.
    Global Searches are what their name implies. Local Searches are from a smaller area, so have less searches because the number of potential searchers is smaller.

• Like Like x 1
  7. danemedel

danemedel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

So you mean it is better to choose for those keywords that has high figures of global/local searches and low competition? Am i right?

8. cesspadilla

cesspadilla
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, in that matter Google Suggestion Tool can help you. You can see the Global and Local monthly searches for keywords. It will also suggest you related terms that will be useful for diversifying your keywords. If you already have this sites for a long time you may want to check your Google Analytics for the keywords that is referring you traffic and revenue. Other tools that you might be interested in is Open Site Explorer and SEMrush.

• Like Like x 1
  9. danemedel

danemedel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Very interesting. I will take note of what you've mentioned. Actually our alasker site is not yet live, we are in the process of searching the right keyword for it.

Soon, you’ll have a new way to get answers to your query, with the help of alasker(our upcoming web and mobile app).

I will follow all your suggestions. Thank you all :)

10. M.umair

M.umair
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's not a one day task you have to work on it,research every particular keyword against your competitors.One thing keep in mind before deciding keywords "Competition" traffic may low to medium according the keyword proximity.

• Like Like x 1
  11. danemedel

danemedel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I see.. That's another thing to me :) thanks...

12. jiashia

jiashia
    uix_expand uix_collapse

alasker.com any keywords as soon it is FAQ site
    abdevlabs.com Social Networking, Social Media, News, Web, Technology, Web 2.0, Tech, Information, Blog, Facebook, YouTube, Google, Top
    sentector.com Spirulina, Allophycocyanin, Phycoerythrin, Analytical Grade

13. Beth

Beth
    uix_expand uix_collapse

14. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Both alasker.com and sentector.com require signup in order to enter the site, so it's hard to determine what keywords wold be appropriate for each of them. For abdevlabs, there's not enough content to determine appropriate keywords. I wonder about some of the keywords that jiashia has suggested. The keywords for sentector.com would not really get enough searches to make them worthwhile to pursue, and the one's for abdevlabs.com are either too broad to make it worthwhile to pursue them, or too competitive to make the amount of work it would take worth doing. Plus, why would anyone search for Faceboook, YouTube, or Google on a search engine - they could simply go to the site.

The Keyword Tool is a good place to find a variety of keywords related to your site if you know where to start - danemedal needs to know where to start.

• Like Like x 1
  15. altcom

altcom
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Try trending search too http://www.google.com/trends/. If a product is down trend, it is pointless to optimize the keywords.

e.g. Nokia and blackberry phone are in the down trend, even you able to rank well for smart phone keywords, you are hardly expected good conversion for revenue.

16. Ronei Daselva

Ronei Daselva
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you looking to hire some to do keyword research for you website then go to odesk and find the best one.

17. au_seo

au_seo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Haha :) Why not just use some tools (like WebMeUp or alike) that have lots of keyword suggestion methods/data sources and easy-to-understand UI (it just suggests in green-red scale what keywords to select)? Rhis will cost you $0, and you'll get the same results (cause a freelancer will do the same - will go to WebMeUp and will run automatic research and then will just send you an auto-report)