Please Review Our Latest Infographic.

Discussion in 'Website & Graphic Reviews' started by campbelljof, Feb 19, 2016.

1. campbelljof

campbelljof
    uix_expand uix_collapse

2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I've been told that I can sometimes be a little too harsh, so I really, really, really, wanted to try to be nice this time.

:(:( It didn't work. :(:(

Do you even know what an infographic is? According to Wikipedia, infographics are "graphic visual representations of information,, data or knowledge intended to present information quickly and clearly." Your presentation fails on all counts. it is not a "Graphic visual representation", nor does it "present information quickly and clearly". Webpagefx includes this definition, and the actual dictionary definition from the Oxford Dictionary: "a visual image, such as a chart or diagram, used to represent information or data". You failed here as well - there are no "visual images" in your alleged "infographic"!
    When I was in college, I was taught the acronym "KISS", which stands for "Keep It Simple, Stupid". Your presentation is way too complicated for an infographic. You don't need the fancy sliding pages with a counter at the top. All you need is one rectangle, which should contain all the information you want to provide. A presentation on "The History & Evolution of Logos" is more appropriate for a slide show. Even there, however, some kind of graphics should be included, to make it interesting, perhaps even entertaining. You could have even just written it as an article or blog post - it would be just as informative, without all the unnecessary "bells & whistles" getting in the way. They may look cool, and you may think you're impressing somebody, but it does nothing to help visitors who come to your website.

3. Business Attorney

Business Attorney
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I agree with Joe. Your information may be interesting, but I don't know because it was way too much information and clicking for what was supposed to be an infographic.

An infographic needs to provide the information concisely, and in graphic form. As such, this was a fail.

4. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

5. campbelljof

campbelljof
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well, fisicx I have already seen this infographic and its really looks like great and informative information. Thanks for your suggestion.